2007 Microsoft Word

Taffy Cinnamon

2007 Microsoft Word
I updated my computer tonight with 3 updates:
Update for Windows Vista (KB855020)
2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 1 (SP1)
Update for Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 (Kb952142)

I then went to open a document in Word and received the following error:
"You are attempting to open a file that was created in an earlier version of
Microsoft Office. This file type is blocked from opening in this version by
your registry policy setting. This error occurs if you try to open a
Microsoft Office document and the file type for that document has been
blocked by a registry policy setting. To help secure your computer, Microsoft
or the administrator of this computer implemented a registry policy setting
that prevents opening this type of file.
To open documents with this file type, disable the registry policy setting.
For more information, see Microsoft Knowledge Base article 922850."

I went to that Knowlege Base Article and it gave me instructions to go into
my Registry Editor:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Offi ce\12.0\Word\Security\FileOpenBlock"

but I can't get past Microsoft because I do not have an Office subkey, I
can't get past Microsoft.

The document that I'm trying to open is a document that I created from
another software that I have that creates a Microsoft Word for Windows
Document (doesn't give me the version of Word though). I need to be able to
access this document to send to other people and I'm not able to.

I've also tried to go into Microsoft Office and create a Trusted Location
but I don't have the Microsoft Office Button on my desktop that the
instructions refer to.

I purchased Microsoft Office through my employer and loaded it. Unistalled
and reinstalled it this evening too to see if I get an option to add it to my
desktop which I don't.

In other words, Help!!!!
TaurArian

Re: 2007 Microsoft Word
Have a look at: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../cc179081.aspx
Enforce settings by using Group Policy in the 2007 Office system

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922849/
You receive an error message when you try to open a file type that was blocked by your
registry policy settings in Word 2007 or in Word 2003

See if anything mentioned above helps.

Otherwise post to the Office Newsgroup for Word -
http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...verview.mspx#9

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

news530A737-A829-419C-BD71-1D7A33EB2E9D@microsoft.com...