SQL server 2005 service update, Error code 6AA

skyblu41

SQL server 2005 service update, Error code 6AA
I'm running windows Vista and need to update windows with SQL server2005
service pack 2. I am unable to install this update and get an error message
Error 6AA. Has anyone else had this problem?
I have checked everywhere and can not find how to fix this problem or even
find out what that Error is. My desk top and lap top both show up with this
code.

Your help in this matter will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
--
sky
PaulC

RE: SQL server 2005 service update, Error code 6AA
Just to follow-up, I'm having exactly the same problem, and - googling the
problem - I find that we're not the only ones!

I've tried stopping Windows update, clearing
c:\windows\SoftwareDistribution\dataStore and Download, then restaring
Windows Update, but I;m still getting the same issue.

Anybody out there in MS-land fancy tackling this one???
Oldsurferjoe

RE: SQL server 2005 service update, Error code 6AA
Me Too!

"PaulC" wrote:

> Just to follow-up, I'm having exactly the same problem, and - googling the
> problem - I find that we're not the only ones!
>
> I've tried stopping Windows update, clearing
> c:\windows\SoftwareDistribution\dataStore and Download, then restaring
> Windows Update, but I;m still getting the same issue.
>
> Anybody out there in MS-land fancy tackling this one???

Coy

RE: SQL server 2005 service update, Error code 6AA
Me Three
kroxo

Security Update SQL server 2005 SP2-Similar problem with xp Downgr
One of my colleagues is running brand new Vista with XP downgrade.

She's installed about 6 service packs/security updates, including the SP3
for XP and the "SQL Server 2005 Express Edition SP2 KB921896". That last
one installed last week first try. However, immediately after SP2 installed,
Windows Update downloaded "Security update for SQL Server 2005 SP2 KB948109
and it failed to install. It's failed every day since.

Error message reads:

"The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is
unavailable"

If she selects "Try another folder", she gets a pop-up window from
sqlrun_sql.msi and a directory string to the folder where the update was
apparently downloaded.

Possibly a related issue?

Sorry I'm no help, but I suspect that my issue is related to skyblu41's
Chris Wood

Re: Security Update SQL server 2005 SP2-Similar problem with xp Downgr
I will post this to the sqlserver.server NG.

Chris

"kroxo" <kroxo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> One of my colleagues is running brand new Vista with XP downgrade.
>
> She's installed about 6 service packs/security updates, including the SP3
> for XP and the "SQL Server 2005 Express Edition SP2 KB921896". That last
> one installed last week first try. However, immediately after SP2
> installed,
> Windows Update downloaded "Security update for SQL Server 2005 SP2
> KB948109
> and it failed to install. It's failed every day since.
>
> Error message reads:
>
> "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is
> unavailable"
>
> If she selects "Try another folder", she gets a pop-up window from
> sqlrun_sql.msi and a directory string to the folder where the update was
> apparently downloaded.
>
> Possibly a related issue?
>
> Sorry I'm no help, but I suspect that my issue is related to skyblu41's

Diana

Re: SQL server 2005 service update, Error code 6AA
Hello Folks,

I obtained the following from the SQL Team:
The 0x6AA error (or decimal 1706) is caused by missing media. This issue is
documented in KB 955250. The KB has instructions on how they can proceed on
it.

955250 Error message when you try to uninstall a SQL Server 2005 Express
Edition hotfix package: "1731 The source installation package for the
product [2] is out of sync with the client package"

Diana Smith [MSFT] <diasmith@hotmail.com>
CSS Security Team

"Coy" <Coy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Me Three