Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - July 2008 (KB890830)

WozzaTT

Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - July 2008 (KB890830)
I am apparently unable to install the above update. I am prompted to do so
and it says it's been installed successfully but a minute later is asking me
to do it again. Same thing when I switch off - machine says it's installed
successfully and then powers off but the next day it's still there like
Groundhog Day! Any ideas on a fix?

TIA
dsie.dsie@gmail.com

Re: Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - July 2008 (KB890830)
Hi. Did you saw that update is downloading? If you, try to turn
Windows Update off and then turn it on.

Regards, Dims

On Jul 19, 3:46*pm, WozzaTT <Wozz...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I am apparently unable to install the above update. I am prompted to do so
> and it says it's been installed successfully but a minute later is askingme
> to do it again. Same thing when I switch off - machine says it's installed
> successfully and then powers off but the next day it's still there like
> Groundhog Day! Any ideas on a fix?
>
> TIA

Paul G

Re: Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - July 2008 (KB890830)
I am having the same problem and tried to turn automatic update on and off.
Still shows the same need to update the malicious update software for July.
Yes, it downloads the software each time and I have 10 or more successful
updates of this update.

"dsie.dsie@gmail.com" wrote:

> Hi. Did you saw that update is downloading? If you, try to turn
> Windows Update off and then turn it on.
>
> Regards, Dims
>
> On Jul 19, 3:46 pm, WozzaTT <Wozz...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > I am apparently unable to install the above update. I am prompted to do so
> > and it says it's been installed successfully but a minute later is asking me
> > to do it again. Same thing when I switch off - machine says it's installed
> > successfully and then powers off but the next day it's still there like
> > Groundhog Day! Any ideas on a fix?
> >
> > TIA

ex-snapper

RE: Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - July 2008 (KB890830)
I'm having a problem with this too.
In my case it has installed, but when I restart my laptop, it hangs for 35
seconds after the startup screen. System event log shows a disk failure. As
my laptop was only 2 weeks old, the supplier fitted a new disk FOC and I
spent days reinstalling all the s/w etc. All ran fine no problems until
KB890830 came down to install, then I was back at the start again. By
removing the the fix, ( no problem with this) The laptop returns to its
normal speedy self. Any ideas?
It's not a serious issue but a nucience all the same. No problem with 4
other machines I have this on. All are running Intel proc's and genuine MS
software very similar builds of HW and Apps.
--
Life is too short, grab everything you can and ENJOY