Security Update for SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 (KB948109)

Colby_823

Security Update for SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 (KB948109)
everytime I try to install this update it ends up failing i will try to
install the update it will say "Fail to update" but windows update will want
to restart the computer so i do so but when it starts back up it wants to
reinstall it and the process repeats so...anyone have any idea what is going
on with this? i have windows vista buisness, Sony Micro PC.
WebbCMH

RE: Security Update for SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 (KB948109)
I have the exact same issue on a Sony Vaio VGN-SZ laptop - it is like being
in a continual update loop - I also think this is causing other issues. Have
you installed Vista Service Pack 1 yet? I have not as I am concerned it will
not install properly unless this current update issue is resolved....I will
see if I can get anywhere with the Sony help desk.....

"Colby_823" wrote:

> everytime I try to install this update it ends up failing i will try to
> install the update it will say "Fail to update" but windows update will want
> to restart the computer so i do so but when it starts back up it wants to
> reinstall it and the process repeats so...anyone have any idea what is going
> on with this? i have windows vista buisness, Sony Micro PC.

Davworth

RE: Security Update for SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 (KB948109)
Also got the same problem nd cant find a solution.I'm uisng Windows XP and a
fairly old MESH. help apprecaited

"Colby_823" wrote:

> everytime I try to install this update it ends up failing i will try to
> install the update it will say "Fail to update" but windows update will want
> to restart the computer so i do so but when it starts back up it wants to
> reinstall it and the process repeats so...anyone have any idea what is going
> on with this? i have windows vista buisness, Sony Micro PC.

WebbCMH

RE: Security Update for SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 (KB948109)
I get error code 645 - have you the same?

"Davworth" wrote:

> Also got the same problem nd cant find a solution.I'm uisng Windows XP and a
> fairly old MESH. help apprecaited
>
> "Colby_823" wrote:
>
> > everytime I try to install this update it ends up failing i will try to
> > install the update it will say "Fail to update" but windows update will want
> > to restart the computer so i do so but when it starts back up it wants to
> > reinstall it and the process repeats so...anyone have any idea what is going
> > on with this? i have windows vista buisness, Sony Micro PC.

visrom

RE: Security Update for SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 (KB948109)
I have been facing the same problem with my Windows Xp for the last few days.
I have a Dell Inspiron system. As I do not run SQL server on my computer,
this update is not important to me. Can I somehow choose not to install this
particular update? Or could someone tell me how to make it install itself?

"Colby_823" wrote:

> everytime I try to install this update it ends up failing i will try to
> install the update it will say "Fail to update" but windows update will want
> to restart the computer so i do so but when it starts back up it wants to
> reinstall it and the process repeats so...anyone have any idea what is going
> on with this? i have windows vista buisness, Sony Micro PC.

ahhuber

"Colby_823" wrote:

> everytime I try to install this update it ends up failing i will try to
> install the update it will say "Fail to update" but windows update will want
> to restart the computer so i do so but when it starts back up it wants to
> reinstall it and the process repeats so...anyone have any idea what is going
> on with this? i have windows vista buisness, Sony Micro PC.

ahhuber

RE: Security Update for SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 (KB948109)

I have a similar problem with installing KB948109. I get "some updates were
not installed" Coded 66E. My OS is Vista 64.

florence-pittmon@hotmail.com