Windows Update Installation failure

GregLuby

Windows Update Installation failure
I have 11 updates that need to be installed, with one being for my video
card. I have downloaded them all, and tried to install them, but they will
not install. I downloaded service pack 3 and installed it without a problem.
I am running Windows One Livecare. Any reasons why they will not install or
how I can correct this problem?
Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]

Re: Windows Update Installation failure
GregLuby wrote:

> I have 11 updates that need to be installed, with one being for my video
> card. I have downloaded them all, and tried to install them, but they will
> not install. I downloaded service pack 3 and installed it without a
> problem. I am running Windows One Livecare. Any reasons why they will not
> install or how I can correct this problem?

*FAQ*.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144
"Updates are not installed successfully from Windows Update, from Microsoft
Update, or by using Automatic Updates after you repair a Windows XP
installation".

--
Vincenzo Di Russo

GregLuby

Re: Windows Update Installation failure
I tried Method 1, and it tells me "The filename, directory name, or volume
label syntax is incorrect."

"Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]" wrote:

> GregLuby wrote:
>
> > I have 11 updates that need to be installed, with one being for my video
> > card. I have downloaded them all, and tried to install them, but they will
> > not install. I downloaded service pack 3 and installed it without a
> > problem. I am running Windows One Livecare. Any reasons why they will not
> > install or how I can correct this problem?

> *FAQ*.
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144
> "Updates are not installed successfully from Windows Update, from Microsoft
> Update, or by using Automatic Updates after you repair a Windows XP
> installation".
>
> --
> Vincenzo Di Russo
> Microsoft® MVP - Most Valuable Professional since 2003
> Windows Internet Explorer, Windows Desktop Experience & Security
> My MVP Profile: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Vincenzo
> My Blog: http://blogs.dotnethell.it/vincent/

GregLuby

Re: Windows Update Installation failure
sorry, it worked this time. I forgot the space. Thanks for your help.

GregLuby wrote:

> sorry, it worked this time. I forgot the space. Thanks for your help.

YW. Thank you for the feedback.

--
Vincenzo Di Russo

> "Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> GregLuby wrote:
>>
>>> I have 11 updates that need to be installed, with one being for my video
>>> card. I have downloaded them all, and tried to install them, but they
>>> will not install. I downloaded service pack 3 and installed it without a
>>> problem. I am running Windows One Livecare. Any reasons why they will
>>> not install or how I can correct this problem?

>> *FAQ*.
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144
>> "Updates are not installed successfully from Windows Update, from
>> Microsoft Update, or by using Automatic Updates after you repair a
>> Windows XP installation".
>>
>> --
>> Vincenzo Di Russo
>> Microsoft® MVP - Most Valuable Professional since 2003
>> Windows Internet Explorer, Windows Desktop Experience & Security
>> My MVP Profile: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Vincenzo
>> My Blog: http://blogs.dotnethell.it/vincent/

multimom

Re: Windows Update Installation failure
I started the first method "register the Wups2.dll" file & received an error
message: "System Error 5 has occured, Access Denied"

Any suggestions?

"Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]" wrote:

> GregLuby wrote:
>
> > I have 11 updates that need to be installed, with one being for my video
> > card. I have downloaded them all, and tried to install them, but they will
> > not install. I downloaded service pack 3 and installed it without a
> > problem. I am running Windows One Livecare. Any reasons why they will not
> > install or how I can correct this problem?

> *FAQ*.
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144
> "Updates are not installed successfully from Windows Update, from Microsoft
> Update, or by using Automatic Updates after you repair a Windows XP
> installation".
>
> --
> Vincenzo Di Russo
> Microsoft® MVP - Most Valuable Professional since 2003
> Windows Internet Explorer, Windows Desktop Experience & Security
> My MVP Profile: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Vincenzo
> My Blog: http://blogs.dotnethell.it/vincent/

Shenan Stanley

multimom wrote:
> I started the first method "register the Wups2.dll" file & received
> an error message: "System Error 5 has occured, Access Denied"

You must be using an administrative level account.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

multimom

Re: Windows Update Installation failure
understand...however, i am the adminstrator on the account?