Update errors upon install

Reveal which formula causing true result

Update errors upon install
I set my machine to download updates automatically but let me choose which
ones to install, and when.

On 7/15/1228 I tried to install the latest security update and it failed
right away, I suspect the download went wrong and the file was corrupted.

Update seems to not support such a problem and I would like to delete the
downloaded update file so I can try again, I just can not find it!

Upon the error I would have hoped that Microsoft would be kind enought to
remove a bad downloaded file for me and let it go right afterward.

Since there was an error message and code I should have been able to go on
line and through Windows Updates have them fix the problem for me.

I know they are smart enough but are they smart enough to know that putting
time into such services is the only thing that is going to keep them in
business?

Good luck to all
Gary
TaurArian

Re: Update errors upon install
Not much info so really can't advise so will only answer your question regarding where the
file/s are:

To remove WU downloads from the temporary folder:-

Click Start. Choose Run.
In the Run box, type %windir%\SoftwareDistribution
Click OK.
Open the Download folder.
Delete all or just the individual update that is annoying you from the Download folder.
Close the window.

By deleting all the contents of the Download folder - you have removed *all* downloaded
updates.

BTW Have you tried downloading the update manually and installing?

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org