View History -SP1?

andy t

View History -SP1?
This is such a silly question really, but it would put my mind at rest.

I recently reviewed my history and it told me on an earlier date that
service pack 1 failed to update, and then on a later date it said it had
succeeded. Everything above that date was successful! Does this mean I now
have it? Why did it fail in the first place?
--
andy t
Shenan Stanley

Re: View History -SP1?
andy t wrote:
> This is such a silly question really, but it would put my mind at
> rest.
>
> I recently reviewed my history and it told me on an earlier date
> that service pack 1 failed to update, and then on a later date it
> said it had succeeded. Everything above that date was successful!
> Does this mean I now have it? Why did it fail in the first place?

We'd have no idea why it would have failed originally. Strangely we aren't
sitting at your computer where we can investigate. ;-)

Could have been a variety of reasons - including power failure, you turning
it off, network connectivity loss, etc.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

TaurArian

Re: View History -SP1?
Start button || Control Panel || Programs
Under Programs and Features - click View installed updates.

Have a look and let us know.

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

"andy t" <andyt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| This is such a silly question really, but it would put my mind at rest.
|
| I recently reviewed my history and it told me on an earlier date that
| service pack 1 failed to update, and then on a later date it said it had
| succeeded. Everything above that date was successful! Does this mean I now
| have it? Why did it fail in the first place?
| --
| andy t

andy t

Re: View History -SP1?
Thanks for the replies guy's, so am I to assume that it has downloaded
successfully?
--
andy t