Rick K wrote:
> I have sp3 installed on XP pro.
> Now all subsequent updates fail to install.
> I have the background intell transfer on,
> virus scan off, by passed my firewall and still everything fails to
> install. I believe this is a machine issue as update do attempt tp
> Any suggestions?
As many will tell you - ignore the title and symptoms listed in the article
referred to. Do method 1 and 2 and see if it fixes your issue whether or
not you repaired anything.
Try method 1 and try to update*.
If fails - try method 2 and try to update*.
*try to update:
- Visit http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/
- If it asks you to install anything before you see a selection of "Custom"
or "Express" - do so.
- Once you see the "Custom" or "Express" selection, choose "Custom".
- Scan for updates.
- When it lists what it finds - install the critical ones.
- You are generally safe doing the Optional Software Updates. I suggest
avoiding the Optional Hardware Updates completely.
Hope that helps - come back and let us know!
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way