Update error 8020003F

cr1tical37

Update error 8020003F
I have been notifiied to 2 important updates however I keep getting error
8020003F to which I can find no reference anywhere! Help please for a
non-techy.

Re: Update error 8020003F
Start by telling us your Windows version (e.g, Vista SP1) and the name or KB
number of the 2 updates.

===========================

Support for Windows Update:

to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number.

your usual support contacts.

cr1tical37 wrote:
> I have been notifiied to 2 important updates however I keep getting error
> 8020003F to which I can find no reference anywhere! Help please for a
> non-techy.

cr1tical37

Re: Update error 8020003F
Thanks. I have Vista SP1 and the 2 updates are KB955020 and KB915597.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Start by telling us your Windows version (e.g, Vista SP1) and the name or KB
> number of the 2 updates.
>
> ===========================
>
> Support for Windows Update:

> security updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is related
> to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number.

> your usual support contacts.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>

> cr1tical37 wrote:
> > I have been notifiied to 2 important updates however I keep getting error
> > 8020003F to which I can find no reference anywhere! Help please for a
> > non-techy.

Re: Update error 8020003F
Did you install Vista SP1 via Windows Update or manually?

Did this problem only start after you'd installed Vista SP1?

Can you download/install KB955020 manually?
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...F-B23CB34376BC
[x64:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...-0AE67A5D434E]

Can you manually update Defender via the right-hand menu here?
http://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/

Tip: Save the download(s) to your desktop; to install, right-click on
the download and select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

cr1tical37 wrote:
> Thanks. I have Vista SP1 and the 2 updates are KB955020 and KB915597.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Start by telling us your Windows version (e.g, Vista SP1) and the name or
>> KB number of the 2 updates.
>>
>> ===========================
>>
>> Support for Windows Update:

>> in
>> with
>> security updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is
>> related to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number.
>>
>> For enterprise customers, support for security updates is available
>> through
>> your usual support contacts.
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>

>> cr1tical37 wrote:
>>> I have been notifiied to 2 important updates however I keep getting
>>> error
>>> 8020003F to which I can find no reference anywhere! Help please for a
>>> non-techy.

cr1tical37

Re: Update error 8020003F
Thank you. As far as I can remember, I installed SP1 manually from the MS
site (it wouldn't work from Update. This is the only time this problem has
happened and is after SP1 installation.

I haven't tried the actions you suggest - I'll try these first and let you
know how I get on.

Regards

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Did you install Vista SP1 via Windows Update or manually?
>
> Did this problem only start after you'd installed Vista SP1?
>
> Can you download/install KB955020 manually?
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...F-B23CB34376BC
> [x64:
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...-0AE67A5D434E]
>
> Can you manually update Defender via the right-hand menu here?
> http://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/
>
> Tip: Save the download(s) to your desktop; to install, right-click on
> the download and select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>

> cr1tical37 wrote:
> > Thanks. I have Vista SP1 and the 2 updates are KB955020 and KB915597.
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Start by telling us your Windows version (e.g, Vista SP1) and the name or
> >> KB number of the 2 updates.
> >>
> >> ===========================
> >> Start a free Windows Update support incident request:
> >> https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...spx?gprid=6527
> >>
> >> Support for Windows Update:
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/gp/wusupport
> >>
> >> For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY
> >> in
> >> the United States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft
> >> subsidiary. There is no-charge for support calls that are associated
> >> with
> >> security updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is
> >> related to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number.
> >>
> >> For enterprise customers, support for security updates is available
> >> through
> >> your usual support contacts.
> >> --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> >> MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)

cr1tical37

Re: Update error 8020003F
It has all worked, Update now tells me my computer is up to date. Thank you
very much for the assistance, much appreciated.

(Max Double)

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Did you install Vista SP1 via Windows Update or manually?
>
> Did this problem only start after you'd installed Vista SP1?
>
> Can you download/install KB955020 manually?
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...F-B23CB34376BC
> [x64:
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...-0AE67A5D434E]
>
> Can you manually update Defender via the right-hand menu here?
> http://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/
>
> Tip: Save the download(s) to your desktop; to install, right-click on
> the download and select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>

> cr1tical37 wrote:
> > Thanks. I have Vista SP1 and the 2 updates are KB955020 and KB915597.
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Start by telling us your Windows version (e.g, Vista SP1) and the name or
> >> KB number of the 2 updates.
> >>
> >> ===========================
> >> Start a free Windows Update support incident request:
> >> https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...spx?gprid=6527
> >>
> >> Support for Windows Update:
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/gp/wusupport
> >>
> >> For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY
> >> in
> >> the United States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft
> >> subsidiary. There is no-charge for support calls that are associated
> >> with
> >> security updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is
> >> related to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number.
> >>
> >> For enterprise customers, support for security updates is available
> >> through
> >> your usual support contacts.
> >> --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> >> MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)

Re: Update error 8020003F
What worked, installing KB955020 manually?

I would NOT have installed SP1 manually unless and until it was offered by
Windows Update. I wouldn't be surprised if you had similar issues with any
other updates in the future.

cr1tical37 wrote:
> It has all worked, Update now tells me my computer is up to date. Thank
> you
> very much for the assistance, much appreciated.

<paste>