error codes 0x80070005

James

error codes 0x80070005
I have a problem with my window updates. It gave me an error code 0x80070424
when I am searching for updates with window updates. I heard that if I click
start and pick run and type in regsvr32 wuaueng.dll then press ok, it gave
"The module "wuaueng.dll" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed
with error code 0x80070005." what does it mean and how can I fix it.
James

RE: error codes 0x80070005

Also I'm using x32 Vista home premium
"James" wrote:

> i forgot to mention that I thought typing and run regsvr32 wuaueng.dll will
> fix error 0x80070424, but then it gave me "The module "wuaueng.dll" was
> loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80070005."
>
> "James" wrote:
>
> > I have a problem with my window updates. It gave me an error code 0x80070424
> > when I am searching for updates with window updates. I heard that if I click
> > start and pick run and type in regsvr32 wuaueng.dll then press ok, it gave
> > "The module "wuaueng.dll" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed
> > with error code 0x80070005." what does it mean and how can I fix it.

TaurArian

Re: error codes 0x80070005
Install/reinstall Windows Update Client

x86-based versions of Windows - download the WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe package now.

x64-based versions of Windows - download the WindowsUpdateAgent30-x64.exe package now.

Please see if installing the 3.0 client resolves the problem.

If you require more information:

A new version of the Windows Update Agent is available
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946928

Another thing you can try is resetting the security settings back to the defaults:

How to reset security settings back to the defaults
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313222

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

"James" <James@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|i forgot to mention that I thought typing and run regsvr32 wuaueng.dll will
| fix error 0x80070424, but then it gave me "The module "wuaueng.dll" was
| loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80070005."
|
| "James" wrote:
|
| > I have a problem with my window updates. It gave me an error code 0x80070424
| > when I am searching for updates with window updates. I heard that if I click
| > start and pick run and type in regsvr32 wuaueng.dll then press ok, it gave
| > "The module "wuaueng.dll" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed
| > with error code 0x80070005." what does it mean and how can I fix it.

James

Re: error codes 0x80070005
None of the things you've suggested worked. I am still having the message
that my automatic update is turn off and every time I try to turn it on or it
is still on, the automatic update is always off. I try the
WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe and install it. Still nothing happen, it just
says "finish installing" it didn't do anything else. Also the resetting the
security settings back to the defaults, nothing happen. It lead me to a
program but then all of a sudden vanish. Is there another way to fix these
problems.

"TaurArian" wrote:

> Install/reinstall Windows Update Client
>
> x86-based versions of Windows - download the WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe package now.
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=91237
>
> x64-based versions of Windows - download the WindowsUpdateAgent30-x64.exe package now.
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=91238
>
> Please see if installing the 3.0 client resolves the problem.
>
> If you require more information:
>
> A new version of the Windows Update Agent is available
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946928
>
> Another thing you can try is resetting the security settings back to the defaults:
>
> How to reset security settings back to the defaults
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313222
>

> --
>
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
> http://taurarian.mvps.org
>

> "James" <James@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> |i forgot to mention that I thought typing and run regsvr32 wuaueng.dll will
> | fix error 0x80070424, but then it gave me "The module "wuaueng.dll" was
> | loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80070005."
> |
> | "James" wrote:
> |
> | > I have a problem with my window updates. It gave me an error code 0x80070424
> | > when I am searching for updates with window updates. I heard that if I click
> | > start and pick run and type in regsvr32 wuaueng.dll then press ok, it gave
> | > "The module "wuaueng.dll" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed
> | > with error code 0x80070005." what does it mean and how can I fix it.

TaurArian

Re: error codes 0x80070005
This can also be a classic symptom of virus activity especially Vundo.
Have you checked?
--
--------------------------------
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009

"James" wrote:

> None of the things you've suggested worked. I am still having the message
> that my automatic update is turn off and every time I try to turn it on or it
> is still on, the automatic update is always off. I try the
> WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe and install it. Still nothing happen, it just
> says "finish installing" it didn't do anything else. Also the resetting the
> security settings back to the defaults, nothing happen. It lead me to a
> program but then all of a sudden vanish. Is there another way to fix these
> problems.
>
> "TaurArian" wrote:
>
> > Install/reinstall Windows Update Client
> >
> > x86-based versions of Windows - download the WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe package now.
> > http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=91237
> >
> > x64-based versions of Windows - download the WindowsUpdateAgent30-x64.exe package now.
> > http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=91238
> >
> > Please see if installing the 3.0 client resolves the problem.
> >
> > If you require more information:
> >
> > A new version of the Windows Update Agent is available
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946928
> >
> > Another thing you can try is resetting the security settings back to the defaults:
> >
> > How to reset security settings back to the defaults
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313222
> >

> > --
> >
> > TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
> > http://taurarian.mvps.org
> > ======================================
> > How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
> > Computer Maintenance: Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco
> >

> > "James" <James@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > |i forgot to mention that I thought typing and run regsvr32 wuaueng.dll will
> > | fix error 0x80070424, but then it gave me "The module "wuaueng.dll" was
> > | loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80070005."

James

Re: error codes 0x80070005

I check and found some trojan virus but I quarantine it and delete it. After
that, the windowsupdateagent30-x86 still won't work. I still can't change my
automatic update to "on". It always have a warning on the taskbar. even
though it is "on" it keep showing that its "off" and ask me to manual turn it
"on" but it is "on". Is there a way to fix these problems.
"TaurArian" wrote:

> This can also be a classic symptom of virus activity especially Vundo.
> Have you checked?
> --
> --------------------------------
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009
> Update Services
> http://taurarian.mvps.org
>

> "James" wrote:
>
> > None of the things you've suggested worked. I am still having the message
> > that my automatic update is turn off and every time I try to turn it on or it
> > is still on, the automatic update is always off. I try the
> > WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe and install it. Still nothing happen, it just
> > says "finish installing" it didn't do anything else. Also the resetting the
> > security settings back to the defaults, nothing happen. It lead me to a
> > program but then all of a sudden vanish. Is there another way to fix these
> > problems.
> >
> > "TaurArian" wrote:
> >
> > > Install/reinstall Windows Update Client
> > >
> > > x86-based versions of Windows - download the WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe package now.
> > > http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=91237
> > >
> > > x64-based versions of Windows - download the WindowsUpdateAgent30-x64.exe package now.
> > > http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=91238
> > >
> > > Please see if installing the 3.0 client resolves the problem.
> > >
> > > If you require more information:
> > >
> > > A new version of the Windows Update Agent is available
> > > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946928
> > >
> > > Another thing you can try is resetting the security settings back to the defaults:
> > >
> > > How to reset security settings back to the defaults
> > > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313222
> > >

> > > --
> > >
> > > TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
> > > http://taurarian.mvps.org
> > > ======================================
> > > How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
> > > Computer Maintenance: Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco

TaurArian

Re: error codes 0x80070005
You still may have a serious infection - suggest an online scan

Trend Micro House Call:
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
Panda ActiveScan;
http://www.pandasoftware.com/actives..._principal.htm
McAfee FreeScan:
Kaspersky Labs On-line Virus Checker:
BitDefender Online Scan:

If you need further assistance cleaning the machine - post to Security - Viruses
OE client -
or
Web client -
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...&lang=en&cr=us

--

| I check and found some trojan virus but I quarantine it and delete it. After
| that, the windowsupdateagent30-x86 still won't work. I still can't change my
| automatic update to "on". It always have a warning on the taskbar. even
| though it is "on" it keep showing that its "off" and ask me to manual turn it
| "on" but it is "on". Is there a way to fix these problems.
| "TaurArian" wrote:
|
| > This can also be a classic symptom of virus activity especially Vundo.
| > Have you checked?
| > --
| > --------------------------------
| > TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009
| > Update Services
| > http://taurarian.mvps.org
| >

| > "James" wrote:
| >
| > > None of the things you've suggested worked. I am still having the message
| > > that my automatic update is turn off and every time I try to turn it on or it
| > > is still on, the automatic update is always off. I try the
| > > WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe and install it. Still nothing happen, it just
| > > says "finish installing" it didn't do anything else. Also the resetting the
| > > security settings back to the defaults, nothing happen. It lead me to a
| > > program but then all of a sudden vanish. Is there another way to fix these
| > > problems.

| > > > |

James

Re: error codes 0x80070005

I've use all the online scan and it shows that I have no virus in my computer.
"TaurArian" wrote:

> You still may have a serious infection - suggest an online scan
>
> Trend Micro House Call:
> http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
> Panda ActiveScan;
> http://www.pandasoftware.com/actives..._principal.htm
> McAfee FreeScan:
> http://us.mcafee.com/root/mfs/default.asp
> Kaspersky Labs On-line Virus Checker:
> http://www.kaspersky.com/remoteviruschk.html
> BitDefender Online Scan:
> http://www.bitdefender.com/scan/licence.php
>
> If you need further assistance cleaning the machine - post to Security - Viruses
> OE client -
> or
> Web client -
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...&lang=en&cr=us
>

> --
>
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
> http://taurarian.mvps.org
>

> "James" <James@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> |
> | I check and found some trojan virus but I quarantine it and delete it. After
> | that, the windowsupdateagent30-x86 still won't work. I still can't change my
> | automatic update to "on". It always have a warning on the taskbar. even
> | though it is "on" it keep showing that its "off" and ask me to manual turn it
> | "on" but it is "on". Is there a way to fix these problems.
> | "TaurArian" wrote:
> |
> | > This can also be a classic symptom of virus activity especially Vundo.
> | > Have you checked?
> | > --
> | > --------------------------------
> | > TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009
> | > Update Services
> | > http://taurarian.mvps.org

> now.

> now.

> | > > > |
> | > > > |

Caroofikus

Re: error codes 0x80070005

I am experiencing the exact same problem on the same OS as James. I too
have tried the steps outlined and have scanned using all of the online
scanners given and have not come up with a virus.

My problem has been going on for about 1 week, maybe two, if that helps
you diagnose it at all. Thanks in advance for any help you can give us!

--
Caroofikus
Caroofikus's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?u=53321

http://forums.techarena.in

TaurArian

Re: error codes 0x80070005
See if either of these assist -

You cannot manually start the Automatic Updates service and you receive an "Error 1058"
error message on a computer that is running Windows XP or Windows XP Tablet PC Edition
2005
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896224

"Could not start the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Service. Error 1058" error message when
you manually start the Remote Procedure Call service
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/838428

--

| I've use all the online scan and it shows that I have no virus in my computer.
| "TaurArian" wrote:
|
| > You still may have a serious infection - suggest an online scan
| >
| > Trend Micro House Call:
| > http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
| > Panda ActiveScan;
| > http://www.pandasoftware.com/actives..._principal.htm
| > McAfee FreeScan:
| > http://us.mcafee.com/root/mfs/default.asp
| > Kaspersky Labs On-line Virus Checker:
| > http://www.kaspersky.com/remoteviruschk.html
| > BitDefender Online Scan:
| > http://www.bitdefender.com/scan/licence.php
| >
| > If you need further assistance cleaning the machine - post to Security - Viruses
| > OE client -
| > or
| > Web client -

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...&lang=en&cr=us

| > --
| >
| > TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
| > http://taurarian.mvps.org
| > ======================================
| > How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
| > Computer Maintenance: Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco
| >

| > "James" <James@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > |
| > | I check and found some trojan virus but I quarantine it and delete it. After
| > | that, the windowsupdateagent30-x86 still won't work. I still can't change my
| > | automatic update to "on". It always have a warning on the taskbar. even
| > | though it is "on" it keep showing that its "off" and ask me to manual turn it
| > | "on" but it is "on". Is there a way to fix these problems.
| > | "TaurArian" wrote:
| > |

| > now.

| > now.