> I have repeatedly tried to do a live update and have not been able
> to for a few months. At the end of the download process the
> computer will say it wasnt able to download. it will do it every
> time. There are several programs wating to be installed at
> shutdown that also wont install. please help
Shenan Stanley wrote:
> Live update is a Symantec thing.
> Are you unable to get Windows Updates or Symantec Updates?
> And which OS do you utilize?
> windows XP professional sp2
> windows updates
Albeit I do not understand why it took two responses to answer the questions
(in reverse, no less)...
As many will tell you - ignore the title and symptoms listed in the article
referred to. Do method 1 and 2 and see if it fixes your issue whether or
not you repaired anything.
Try method 1 and try to update*.
If fails - try method 2 and try to update*.
*try to update:
- Visit http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/
- If it asks you to install anything before you see a selection of "Custom"
or "Express" - do so.
- Once you see the "Custom" or "Express" selection, choose "Custom".
- Scan for updates.
- When it lists what it finds - install the critical ones.
- You are generally safe doing the Optional Software Updates. I suggest
avoiding the Optional Hardware Updates completely.
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way