Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

MSSQL$SHAREPOINT starts and then stops - after Windows Update on 7

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-15-2008
javisa
 

Posts: n/a
MSSQL$SHAREPOINT starts and then stops - after Windows Update on 7
MOSS-Sharepoint, SBS Small Business Server
Tags:
Microsoft, SBS 2003 Premium, SP2, Database 'master' has invalid schema
SharePoint cannot connect to config database.
MSSQL$SHAREPOINT will not start automatically. If I start it manually it
runs for about two seconds and shut down.

Looking at the MSSQL$SHAREPOINT Errorlog I see the following at the end of
the file.
2008-07-09 16:09:38.56 spid2 Recovery complete.
2008-07-09 16:09:38.70 spid2 Database 'master' has invalid schema.

I have applied every update to the server available from Microsoft update.

I suspect an update clobbered it. Anyone else have this issue?

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07-16-2008
Peter Saddow [Microsoft]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: MSSQL$SHAREPOINT starts and then stops - after Windows Update on 7
This is a known issue. We are have been working on creating a document on
how to workaround this problem. I'm looking for the public document and when
I located, I will sent to you.

Thanks,
Peter Saddow [Microsoft]

"javisa" <javisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:CF1A49A6-05F0-45B6-9C1C-FA6532DB5A1B@microsoft.com...
> MOSS-Sharepoint, SBS Small Business Server
> Tags:
> Microsoft, SBS 2003 Premium, SP2, Database 'master' has invalid schema
> SharePoint cannot connect to config database.
> MSSQL$SHAREPOINT will not start automatically. If I start it manually it
> runs for about two seconds and shut down.
>
> Looking at the MSSQL$SHAREPOINT Errorlog I see the following at the end of
> the file.
> 2008-07-09 16:09:38.56 spid2 Recovery complete.
> 2008-07-09 16:09:38.70 spid2 Database 'master' has invalid schema.
>
> I have applied every update to the server available from Microsoft update.
>
> I suspect an update clobbered it. Anyone else have this issue?
>


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07-16-2008
rybickiibsen@gmail.com
 

Posts: n/a
Re: MSSQL$SHAREPOINT starts and then stops - after Windows Update on7
On 16 Jul., 08:49, "Peter Saddow [Microsoft]"
<peter...@online.MICROSOFT.COM> wrote:
> This is a known issue. We are have been working on creating a document on
> how to workaround this problem. I'm looking for the public document and when
> I located, I will sent to you.
>
> Thanks,
> Peter Saddow [Microsoft]
>
> "javisa" <jav...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
> news:CF1A49A6-05F0-45B6-9C1C-FA6532DB5A1B@microsoft.com...
>
> > MOSS-Sharepoint, SBS Small Business Server
> > Tags:
> > Microsoft, SBS 2003 Premium, SP2, Database 'master' has invalid schema
> > SharePoint cannot connect to config database.
> > MSSQL$SHAREPOINT will not start automatically. If I start it manually it
> > runs for about two seconds and shut down.

>
> > Looking at the MSSQL$SHAREPOINT Errorlog I see the following at the end of
> > the file.
> > 2008-07-09 16:09:38.56 spid2 Recovery complete.
> > 2008-07-09 16:09:38.70 spid2 Database 'master' has invalid schema.

>
> > I have applied every update to the server available from Microsoft update.

>
> > I suspect an update clobbered it. Anyone else have this issue?


Hi Peter

Could you post a link to the document, as we are quite a few
struggling with this problem.

Cheers

Jesper
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07-16-2008
Peter Saddow [Microsoft]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: MSSQL$SHAREPOINT starts and then stops - after Windows Update on 7
This issue and a workaround is documented at
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948110 (See the known issue section)

Thanks,
Peter Saddow [Microsoft]

"javisa" <javisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:CF1A49A6-05F0-45B6-9C1C-FA6532DB5A1B@microsoft.com...
> MOSS-Sharepoint, SBS Small Business Server
> Tags:
> Microsoft, SBS 2003 Premium, SP2, Database 'master' has invalid schema
> SharePoint cannot connect to config database.
> MSSQL$SHAREPOINT will not start automatically. If I start it manually it
> runs for about two seconds and shut down.
>
> Looking at the MSSQL$SHAREPOINT Errorlog I see the following at the end of
> the file.
> 2008-07-09 16:09:38.56 spid2 Recovery complete.
> 2008-07-09 16:09:38.70 spid2 Database 'master' has invalid schema.
>
> I have applied every update to the server available from Microsoft update.
>
> I suspect an update clobbered it. Anyone else have this issue?
>


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 07-22-2008
allenjb1@gmail.com
 

Posts: n/a
Re: MSSQL$SHAREPOINT starts and then stops - after Windows Update on7
On Jul 17, 1:53*am, "Peter Saddow [Microsoft]"
<peter...@online.MICROSOFT.COM> wrote:
> This issue and a workaround is documented athttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/948110(See the known issue section)
>
> Thanks,
> Peter Saddow [Microsoft]
>
> "javisa" <jav...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
> news:CF1A49A6-05F0-45B6-9C1C-FA6532DB5A1B@microsoft.com...
>
>
>
> > MOSS-Sharepoint, SBS Small Business Server
> > Tags:
> > Microsoft, SBS 2003 Premium, SP2, Database 'master' has invalid schema
> > SharePoint cannot connect to config database.
> > MSSQL$SHAREPOINT will not start automatically. If I start it manually it
> > runs for about two seconds and shut down.

>
> > Looking at the MSSQL$SHAREPOINT Errorlog I see the following at the endof
> > the file.
> > 2008-07-09 16:09:38.56 spid2 * * Recovery complete.
> > 2008-07-09 16:09:38.70 spid2 * * Database 'master' has invalid schema.

>
> > I have applied every update to the server available from Microsoft update.

>
> > I suspect an update clobbered it. Anyone else have this issue?- Hide quoted text -

>
> - Show quoted text -


Does this problem also occur with SQL Server 2005?
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 07-24-2008
Mozzis
 

Posts: n/a
Re: MSSQL$SHAREPOINT starts and then stops - after Windows Update
The title of the article linked by Peter is

MS08-040: Description of the security update for SQL Server 2000 GDR and
MSDE 2000: July 8, 2008

The steps mentioned in the article do not apply to the configuration
described by the original poster. Please, can someone answer this issue?

"allenjb1@gmail.com" wrote:

> On Jul 17, 1:53 am, "Peter Saddow [Microsoft]"
> <peter...@online.MICROSOFT.COM> wrote:
> > This issue and a workaround is documented athttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/948110(See the known issue section)
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Peter Saddow [Microsoft]
> >
> > "javisa" <jav...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >
> > news:CF1A49A6-05F0-45B6-9C1C-FA6532DB5A1B@microsoft.com...
> >
> >
> >
> > > MOSS-Sharepoint, SBS Small Business Server
> > > Tags:
> > > Microsoft, SBS 2003 Premium, SP2, Database 'master' has invalid schema
> > > SharePoint cannot connect to config database.
> > > MSSQL$SHAREPOINT will not start automatically. If I start it manually it
> > > runs for about two seconds and shut down.

> >
> > > Looking at the MSSQL$SHAREPOINT Errorlog I see the following at the end of
> > > the file.
> > > 2008-07-09 16:09:38.56 spid2 Recovery complete.
> > > 2008-07-09 16:09:38.70 spid2 Database 'master' has invalid schema.

> >
> > > I have applied every update to the server available from Microsoft update.

> >
> > > I suspect an update clobbered it. Anyone else have this issue?- Hide quoted text -

> >
> > - Show quoted text -

>
> Does this problem also occur with SQL Server 2005?
>

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 08-27-2008
lcordero
 

Posts: n/a
Re: MSSQL$SHAREPOINT starts and then stops - after Windows Update on 7

this is happening on my sql 2005 server, seems to have happened just
after an update.
i am removing the updates now and will let you know


--
lcordero
------------------------------------------------------------------------
lcordero's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/lcordero.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-update/1002608.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windows no longer starts after performing Windows update jb microsoft.public.windowsupdate 1 05-10-2008 13:31
Diagnostic Policy Service starts then stops Sam microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 0 03-16-2008 21:25
Windows Vista SP1 starts appearing on Windows Update ! WinVistaClub WinVistaClub Blog 0 02-22-2008 14:20
MS07-059 - Important: Vulnerability in Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 and Office SharePoint Server 2007 Could Result in Elevation of Privilege Within the SharePoint Site (942017) Steve Microsoft Security Bulletins 0 10-10-2007 03:51
After Running Windows Update, Vista No Longer Starts =?Utf-8?B?T3NhcnVzYW4=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 4 03-18-2007 00:49




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:15.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120