Security Update for SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 (KB948109)

I.R.

Security Update for SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 (KB948109)
Since a week ago .
Every time I tried to install Security Update for SQL Server 2005 Service
Pack 2 (KB948109) an error message is appear " Some updates were not install"
and Error found : Code 6D9E and the Get help link is not helpful.

RobOak

RE: Security Update for SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 (KB948109)

"I.R." wrote:

> Since a week ago .
> Every time I tried to install Security Update for SQL Server 2005 Service
> Pack 2 (KB948109) an error message is appear " Some updates were not install"
> and Error found : Code 6D9E and the Get help link is not helpful.

A.M.

RE: Security Update for SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 (KB948109)
I am having this problem as well, and would love some help

"I.R." wrote:

> Since a week ago .
> Every time I tried to install Security Update for SQL Server 2005 Service
> Pack 2 (KB948109) an error message is appear " Some updates were not install"
> and Error found : Code 6D9E and the Get help link is not helpful.

Don Swenson

"I.R." wrote:

> Since a week ago .
> Every time I tried to install Security Update for SQL Server 2005 Service
> Pack 2 (KB948109) an error message is appear " Some updates were not install"
> and Error found : Code 6D9E and the Get help link is not helpful.

Re: Security Update for SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 (KB948109)

Support for Windows Update:

to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB948109).

your usual support contacts.
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.net

I.R. wrote:
> Since a week ago .
> Every time I tried to install Security Update for SQL Server 2005 Service
> Pack 2 (KB948109) an error message is appear " Some updates were not
> install" and Error found : Code 6D9E and the Get help link is not helpful.

William

RE: Security Update for SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 (KB948109)
I get the same problem only with an error of 0x737D. WTF

"I.R." wrote:

> Since a week ago .
> Every time I tried to install Security Update for SQL Server 2005 Service
> Pack 2 (KB948109) an error message is appear " Some updates were not install"
> and Error found : Code 6D9E and the Get help link is not helpful.

psteijn@gmail.com

Re: Security Update for SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 (KB948109)
After investigating the error logs produced by the installer to get a
clue about what was going on, I took the following two steps and the
windows update patch successfully ran:

1) Kill the process tree of ArpWrapper.exe (This was probably just
blocking step 2, you need to make sure nothing from this folder is
running even it means booting in safe mode so that step 2 will
complete successfully, otherwise the open file handles will stop the
de-compression algorithm.)
2) Uncompress the C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server folder as
well as all of its subfolders. You can do this by right clicking on
the folder and going to properties -> advanced -> uncheck the
"compress contents to save disk space" box. Click "Ok", then click
"Apply" and tell it to apply to the folder as well as all subfolders.

Let me know if this helps!
Dennis

Re: Security Update for SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 (KB948109)
How do I "kill the process tree of ArpWrapper.exe?

"psteijn@gmail.com" wrote:

> After investigating the error logs produced by the installer to get a
> clue about what was going on, I took the following two steps and the
> windows update patch successfully ran:
>
> 1) Kill the process tree of ArpWrapper.exe (This was probably just
> blocking step 2, you need to make sure nothing from this folder is
> running even it means booting in safe mode so that step 2 will
> complete successfully, otherwise the open file handles will stop the
> de-compression algorithm.)
> 2) Uncompress the C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server folder as
> well as all of its subfolders. You can do this by right clicking on
> the folder and going to properties -> advanced -> uncheck the
> "compress contents to save disk space" box. Click "Ok", then click
> "Apply" and tell it to apply to the folder as well as all subfolders.
>
> Let me know if this helps!

bjbina

Re: Security Update for SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 (KB948109)
For me the issue was having the above mentioned directory compressed. Once I
cleared that, the update work sucessfuly. Thanks for investigating this and
providing the answer.

Bruce

"psteijn@gmail.com" wrote:

> After investigating the error logs produced by the installer to get a
> clue about what was going on, I took the following two steps and the
> windows update patch successfully ran:
>
> 1) Kill the process tree of ArpWrapper.exe (This was probably just
> blocking step 2, you need to make sure nothing from this folder is
> running even it means booting in safe mode so that step 2 will
> complete successfully, otherwise the open file handles will stop the
> de-compression algorithm.)
> 2) Uncompress the C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server folder as
> well as all of its subfolders. You can do this by right clicking on
> the folder and going to properties -> advanced -> uncheck the
> "compress contents to save disk space" box. Click "Ok", then click
> "Apply" and tell it to apply to the folder as well as all subfolders.
>
> Let me know if this helps!

Marion