Re: Vista Windows update failure

Sue

Re: Vista Windows update failure
Hi, I did this and when I started Update again it was blank. It went through
its check and noted that i needed the same two updates kb890830 and KB905866.
It took FOREVER - I am on dialup.

The software appeared to download properly but wouod not install the junk
mail filter. Cheked update again and the same two are still available.

What can i do now. On dialup it is time comsuming to look for solutions and
to wait and wait for pages to load and downloads.

Thanks n

Re: Vista Windows update failure
Did what? To whom are you replying, Sue?

Sue wrote:
> Hi, I did this and when I started Update again it was blank. It went
> through its check and noted that i needed the same two updates kb890830
> and
> KB905866. It took FOREVER - I am on dialup.
>
> The software appeared to download properly but wouod not install the junk
> mail filter. Cheked update again and the same two are still available.
>
> What can i do now. On dialup it is time comsuming to look for solutions
> and
> to wait and wait for pages to load and downloads.

Sue

Re: Vista Windows update failure
What I was referring to is the clearing of the files as described by
tauradrain MVP. The Update appears to bei=ginand progress properly but then
the error code 8e5e03fa for just the junk mail filter. The malicious
software removal tool appears to install corrrectly but shows up again and
again in the available update. This is very frustrating especially on
dialup. I even downloaded and installede the update manually and no luck.
Thanks for any help you can give,

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Did what? To whom are you replying, Sue?
>
> Sue wrote:
> > Hi, I did this and when I started Update again it was blank. It went
> > through its check and noted that i needed the same two updates kb890830
> > and
> > KB905866. It took FOREVER - I am on dialup.
> >
> > The software appeared to download properly but wouod not install the junk
> > mail filter. Cheked update again and the same two are still available.
> >
> > What can i do now. On dialup it is time comsuming to look for solutions
> > and
> > to wait and wait for pages to load and downloads.

Re: Vista Windows update failure
It's always best to begin a new thread about /your/ problems, Sue.

Support for Windows Update:

to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number.

your usual support contacts.
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.net