RE: windows update won't open

sir david

RE: windows update won't open
same thing here i might just scrap microsoft windows and get a mac pc think
microsoft is just one big virus i know mac cost more but you would spend the
same trying diffrent anti virus softwhere and get you're pc fixed every week
and speding hours looking for point less help

"dan2011" wrote:

> my security center says that my automatic updating is turned off so i went to
> turn it on and it says 'security center can't change your automatic updating
> settings.' so i went to turn it on manually and it brings me into a blank
> page with nothing on it. i then went into windows update from control panel
> and it brings me to the same blank page. why won't it let me into windows
> update and how can i fix it....?

Shenan Stanley

Re: windows update won't open

sir david wrote:
> same thing here i might just scrap microsoft windows and get a mac
> pc think microsoft is just one big virus i know mac cost more but
> you would spend the same trying diffrent anti virus softwhere and
> get you're pc fixed every week and speding hours looking for point
> less help

No matter what OS/platform you go to - you *will* have issues.

Just for grins...

As many will tell you - ignore the title and symptoms listed in the article
referred to. Do method 1 and 2 and see if it fixes your issue whether or
not you repaired anything.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144
Try method 1 and try to update*.
If fails - try method 2 and try to update*.

*try to update:
- Visit http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/
- If it asks you to install anything before you see a selection of "Custom"
or "Express" - do so.
- Once you see the "Custom" or "Express" selection, choose "Custom".
- Scan for updates.
- When it lists what it finds - install the critical ones.
- You are generally safe doing the Optional Software Updates. I suggest
avoiding the Optional Hardware Updates completely.

and follow that up with Method 3 of this article:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949377

(Again - ignore the title.)

Reboot after each repair and try again before doing the next repair.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP