> I have installed SP3 on about 5 pc's and laptops.
> After the installation is completed i am not able to update any of
> the pc's on micosoft's website. The patches get downloaded but all
> fail on the installation of the patches, i have also tried to
> install one by one but still get the same problem. When i uninstall
> SP3 i am then able to do updates again.
> Therefore i have found there is a problem with SP3
Okay. Deductive reasoning...
Fix your issue (via tried and true method):
As many will tell you - ignore the title and symptoms listed in the article
referred to. Do method 1 and 2 and see if it fixes your issue whether or
not you repaired anything.
Try method 1 and try to update*.
If fails - try method 2 and try to update*.
*try to update:
- Visit http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/
- If it asks you to install anything before you see a selection of "Custom"
or "Express" - do so.
- Once you see the "Custom" or "Express" selection, choose "Custom".
- Scan for updates.
- When it lists what it finds - install the critical ones.
- You are generally safe doing the Optional Software Updates. I suggest
avoiding the Optional Hardware Updates completely.
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way