Is there a problem with the release of sp3

klasher11

Is there a problem with the release of sp3
I have installed SP3 on about 5 pc's and laptops.
After the installation is completed i am not able to update any of the pc's
on micosoft's website. The patches get downloaded but all fail on the
installation of the patches, i have also tried to install one by one but
still get the same problem. When i uninstall SP3 i am then able to do updates
again.
Therefore i have found there is a problem with SP3

Re: Is there a problem with the release of sp3
Doubtful.

CrystalBall© sez...

Update, or by using Automatic Updates after you repair a Windows XP
installation:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

NB: Also applies to clean installs, upgrade installs, and Recovery installs.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

klasher11 wrote:
> I have installed SP3 on about 5 pc's and laptops.
> After the installation is completed i am not able to update any of the
> pc's
> on micosoft's website. The patches get downloaded but all fail on the
> installation of the patches, i have also tried to install one by one but
> still get the same problem. When i uninstall SP3 i am then able to do
> updates again.
> Therefore i have found there is a problem with SP3

Shenan Stanley

klasher11 wrote:
> I have installed SP3 on about 5 pc's and laptops.
> After the installation is completed i am not able to update any of
> the pc's on micosoft's website. The patches get downloaded but all
> fail on the installation of the patches, i have also tried to
> install one by one but still get the same problem. When i uninstall
> SP3 i am then able to do updates again.
> Therefore i have found there is a problem with SP3

Okay. Deductive reasoning...

Fix your issue (via tried and true method):

As many will tell you - ignore the title and symptoms listed in the article
referred to. Do method 1 and 2 and see if it fixes your issue whether or
not you repaired anything.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144
Try method 1 and try to update*.
If fails - try method 2 and try to update*.

*try to update:
- Visit http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/
- If it asks you to install anything before you see a selection of "Custom"
or "Express" - do so.
- Once you see the "Custom" or "Express" selection, choose "Custom".
- Scan for updates.
- When it lists what it finds - install the critical ones.
- You are generally safe doing the Optional Software Updates. I suggest
avoiding the Optional Hardware Updates completely.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: Is there a problem with the release of sp3
Was the SP3 package installed from a stand-alone package, was it
downloaded via Automatic Updates, or from either the Windows|Microsoft
Update sites ?

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

klasher11 wrote:

> I have installed SP3 on about 5 pc's and laptops.
> After the installation is completed i am not able to update any of the pc's
> on micosoft's website. The patches get downloaded but all fail on the
> installation of the patches, i have also tried to install one by one but
> still get the same problem. When i uninstall SP3 i am then able to do updates
> again.
> Therefore i have found there is a problem with SP3

klasher11

Re: Is there a problem with the release of sp3

It was downloaded and installed from windows update