progress bar blank/ no green traveler

retread

progress bar blank/ no green traveler
For quite some time now, one of my computers (WinXP Pro) will not show
movement on the progress bar at the Windows update site when searching for
updates. WU returns with prompt for Custom or Express, and the updates
download OK. I have just ignored this little bugger but wonder if anyone can
give me an insight as to how to get this progress function restored. My
other two are not affected.
--
retread: Just another senior getting re-capped
MowGreen [MVP]

Re: progress bar blank/ no green traveler
retread wrote:

> For quite some time now, one of my computers (WinXP Pro) will not show
> movement on the progress bar at the Windows update site when searching for
> updates. WU returns with prompt for Custom or Express, and the updates
> download OK. I have just ignored this little bugger but wonder if anyone can
> give me an insight as to how to get this progress function restored. My
> other two are not affected.

But do the downloads install OK ? You left that out <w>
Is there any security software installed on the system with this minor
issue that is not installed on the other 2 systems ? [ that includes 3rd
party toolbars/script/cookie/popup blockers, etc besides
antivirus/firewall, etc ]

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
retread

Re: progress bar blank/ no green traveler
Yes, I said the updates downloaded OK. Yes, they install OK. That's why I
have left this issue lay dormant... everything appears to work except that
little green traveling progress bar. It does let me know it is working.
Otherwise, I just sit and stare at a static page for several minutes before
being presented with the results.