windows xp home sp2 install failed

OldCavalry1SG

windows xp home sp2 install failed
Download of xp home sp2 was good, but, when I tried to install I keep getting
the error code 0x80070005. What is the problem?
TaurArian

RE: windows xp home sp2 install failed
Windows XP Service Pack 2 Problem Solver
http://winhlp.com/node/125

You receive an "Access is denied" error message when you try to install
Windows XP Service Pack 2
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/873148

http://forum.aumha.org/viewtopic.php?t=8125

Is there a particular reason you're not installing SP3?

--
--------------------------------
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009

"OldCavalry1SG" wrote:

> Download of xp home sp2 was good, but, when I tried to install I keep getting
> the error code 0x80070005. What is the problem?

OldCavalry1SG

RE: windows xp home sp2 install failed
Didn't know I could install sp3 without sp2.

"TaurArian" wrote:

> Windows XP Service Pack 2 Problem Solver
> http://winhlp.com/node/125
>
> You receive an "Access is denied" error message when you try to install
> Windows XP Service Pack 2
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/873148
>
> http://forum.aumha.org/viewtopic.php?t=8125
>
> Is there a particular reason you're not installing SP3?
>

> --
> --------------------------------
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009
> Update Services
> http://taurarian.mvps.org
>

> "OldCavalry1SG" wrote:
>
> > Download of xp home sp2 was good, but, when I tried to install I keep getting
> > the error code 0x80070005. What is the problem?

TaurArian

RE: windows xp home sp2 install failed
How to obtain the latest Windows XP service pack
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322389

Release notes for Windows XP Service Pack 3
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936929

The hard disk space requirements for Windows XP Service Pack 3
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947311

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950717

List of fixes that are included in Windows XP Service Pack 3
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946480

Some third-party programs may experience a change in functionality after you
install Windows XP Service Pack 3
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947309

Just in case -

"Access Denied" aka "0x80070005"

First, make sure that your anti virus software isn't locking the registry
and preventing the installer from modifying the same.

Error message when you try to install Windows XP Service Pack 3: "Access is
denied" or “Service Pack installation did not complete”
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949377

Also see:
How to reset security settings back to the defaults
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313222

--
--------------------------------
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009

"OldCavalry1SG" wrote:

> Didn't know I could install sp3 without sp2.
>
> "TaurArian" wrote:
>
> > Windows XP Service Pack 2 Problem Solver
> > http://winhlp.com/node/125
> >
> > You receive an "Access is denied" error message when you try to install
> > Windows XP Service Pack 2
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/873148
> >
> > http://forum.aumha.org/viewtopic.php?t=8125
> >
> > Is there a particular reason you're not installing SP3?
> >

> > --
> > TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009
> > Update Services
> > http://taurarian.mvps.org
> >

> > "OldCavalry1SG" wrote:
> >
> > > Download of xp home sp2 was good, but, when I tried to install I keep getting
> > > the error code 0x80070005. What is the problem?

OldCavalry1SG

RE: windows xp home sp2 install failed
Thank-you for your time and the information.