Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Security update for SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 Error Code 64C

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-09-2008
taward
 

Posts: n/a
Security update for SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 Error Code 64C
When installing the automatic security update for SQL 2005 I get Windows
Installer prompt (the same old one saying I am trying to use a network
resource that is unavailable) asking for the file location of
'sqlrun_sql.msi'.

I can't find this file anywhere on my computer (or on the web for that
matter). It spits out a Code 64C error (which seems to baffle even windows).
upon further investigation, the full error code is "WindowsUpdate_0000064C"
(again a mystery to windows).

I'm not even sure why i have SQL b/c I don't run any databases with this
computer, but I vowed to eliminate all errors in this laptop, and this is
annoying me.

Any ideas?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07-09-2008
INO
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Security update for SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 Error Code 64C
I too am unable to load this update. I've been trying since yesterday. If you
get any responses please let me know. I am frustrated. All my message says
is "some items were not installed" which is the update that I need SQL Server
2005. Thanks for any info you can share. INO

"taward" wrote:

> When installing the automatic security update for SQL 2005 I get Windows
> Installer prompt (the same old one saying I am trying to use a network
> resource that is unavailable) asking for the file location of
> 'sqlrun_sql.msi'.
>
> I can't find this file anywhere on my computer (or on the web for that
> matter). It spits out a Code 64C error (which seems to baffle even windows).
> upon further investigation, the full error code is "WindowsUpdate_0000064C"
> (again a mystery to windows).
>
> I'm not even sure why i have SQL b/c I don't run any databases with this
> computer, but I vowed to eliminate all errors in this laptop, and this is
> annoying me.
>
> Any ideas?

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08-17-2008
Attila
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Security update for SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 Error Code 64C
I also am having the same issue. I have searched all PC's on my network and
the server, no luck finding the MSI. It is asking for a file on the "t:"
drive and I have no such drive mapped ever. If I find resolution will update.

"taward" wrote:

> When installing the automatic security update for SQL 2005 I get Windows
> Installer prompt (the same old one saying I am trying to use a network
> resource that is unavailable) asking for the file location of
> 'sqlrun_sql.msi'.
>
> I can't find this file anywhere on my computer (or on the web for that
> matter). It spits out a Code 64C error (which seems to baffle even windows).
> upon further investigation, the full error code is "WindowsUpdate_0000064C"
> (again a mystery to windows).
>
> I'm not even sure why i have SQL b/c I don't run any databases with this
> computer, but I vowed to eliminate all errors in this laptop, and this is
> annoying me.
>
> Any ideas?

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 09-23-2008
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1
alican is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Security update for SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 Error Code 64C
my pc too.... what is solution this problem?
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 02-16-2009
Allan
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Security update for SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 Error Code
Something really strange here... I am seeing a slight variation on the problem.

My Vista home premium trips up when trying to install two SQL updates:-
Security Update for SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 (KB960089)
and
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition Service Pack 3 (KB955706)

One of them apparently installs and the other doesn't...
A message tells me to restart the machine to complete the installation and I
do this, seeing and installing message as it closes down.

When I restart and try Windows update again... I am told I need the same two
updates!

Even worse.. I thought that I would try installing Silverlight 2 after one
unsuccessful mission and that informed me that it was unable to install and
to click here for help... that took me to the Microsoft site, Silverlight
pages, where I am gleefully told that Silverlight installed successfully.
Just what is going on with the update service?
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 02-24-2009
Cold Up North
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Security update for SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 Error Code
Okay, so I am having the same problem with this 'hotfix' and I have waited
over 20 minutes to gather 'data' from my system.

When I find the answer, I'm posting it somewhere for EVERYBODY to find.

THis is nuts!

"Allan" wrote:

> Something really strange here... I am seeing a slight variation on the problem.
>
> My Vista home premium trips up when trying to install two SQL updates:-
> Security Update for SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 (KB960089)
> and
> Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition Service Pack 3 (KB955706)
>
> One of them apparently installs and the other doesn't...
> A message tells me to restart the machine to complete the installation and I
> do this, seeing and installing message as it closes down.
>
> When I restart and try Windows update again... I am told I need the same two
> updates!
>
> Even worse.. I thought that I would try installing Silverlight 2 after one
> unsuccessful mission and that informed me that it was unable to install and
> to click here for help... that took me to the Microsoft site, Silverlight
> pages, where I am gleefully told that Silverlight installed successfully.
> Just what is going on with the update service?

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 02-27-2009
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1
jstoppa is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Security update for SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 Error Code
Hi there,

I had the same problem and I fixed it with this:

SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 is not successfully updated when you try to install or to uninstall a security update

Juan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Up North View Post
Okay, so I am having the same problem with this 'hotfix' and I have waited
over 20 minutes to gather 'data' from my system.

When I find the answer, I'm posting it somewhere for EVERYBODY to find.

THis is nuts!

"Allan" wrote:

> Something really strange here... I am seeing a slight variation on the problem.
>
> My Vista home premium trips up when trying to install two SQL updates:-
> Security Update for SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 (KB960089)
> and
> Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition Service Pack 3 (KB955706)
>
> One of them apparently installs and the other doesn't...
> A message tells me to restart the machine to complete the installation and I
> do this, seeing and installing message as it closes down.
>
> When I restart and try Windows update again... I am told I need the same two
> updates!
>
> Even worse.. I thought that I would try installing Silverlight 2 after one
> unsuccessful mission and that informed me that it was unable to install and
> to click here for help... that took me to the Microsoft site, Silverlight
> pages, where I am gleefully told that Silverlight installed successfully.
> Just what is going on with the update service?
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 03-19-2009
Faiz Farazi
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Security update for SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 Error Code
On Feb 23, 10:30*pm, Cold Up North <Cold Up
No...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Okay, so I am having the same problem with this 'hotfix' and I have waited
> over 20 minutes to gather 'data' from my system.
>
> When I find the answer, I'm posting it somewhere for EVERYBODY to find.
>
> THis is nuts!
>
>
>
> "Allan" wrote:
> > Something really strange here... I am seeing a slight variation on the problem.

>
> > My Vista home premium trips up when trying to install two SQL updates:-
> > Security Update for SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 (KB960089)
> > and
> > Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition Service Pack 3 (KB955706)

>
> > One of them apparently installs and the other doesn't...
> > A message tells me to restart the machine to complete the installation and I
> > do this, seeing and installing message as it closes down.

>
> > When I restart and try Windows update again... I am told I need the same two
> > updates!

>
> > Even worse.. I thought that I would try installing Silverlight 2 after one
> > unsuccessful mission and that informed me that it was unable to installand
> > to click here for help... that took me to the Microsoft site, Silverlight
> > pages, *where I am gleefully told that Silverlight installed successfully.
> > Just what is going on with the update service?- Hide quoted text -

>
> - Show quoted text -


Please visit http://databasetimes.blogspot.com/20...ack-issue.html

Let me know it help or not
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 03-19-2009
Faiz Farazi
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Security update for SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 Error Code 64C
On Feb 27, 5:11*am, jstoppa <jstoppa.3o9...@no-
mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I had the same problem and I fixed it with this:
>
> 'SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 is not successfully updated when you
> try to install or to uninstall a security update'
> (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957008/)
>
> Juan
>
> Cold Up North;1178965 Wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> > Okay, so I am having the same problem with this 'hotfix' and I have
> > waited
> > over 20 minutes to gather 'data' from my system.

>
> > When I find the answer, I'm posting it somewhere for EVERYBODY to find.

>
> > THis is nuts!

>
> > "Allan" wrote:

>
> > > Something really strange here... I am seeing a slight variation on

> > the problem.

>
> > > My Vista home premium trips up when trying to install two SQL

> > updates:-
> > > Security Update for SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 (KB960089)
> > > and
> > > Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition Service Pack 3 (KB955706)

>
> > > One of them apparently installs and the other doesn't...
> > > A message tells me to restart the machine to complete the

> > installation and I
> > > do this, seeing and installing message as it closes down.

>
> > > When I restart and try Windows update again... I am told I need the

> > same two
> > > updates!

>
> > > Even worse.. I thought that I would try installing Silverlight 2

> > after one
> > > unsuccessful mission and that informed me that it was unable to

> > install and
> > > to click here for help... that took me to the Microsoft site,

> > Silverlight
> > > pages, where I am gleefully told that Silverlight installed

> > successfully.
> > > Just what is going on with the update service?

>
> --
> jstoppa
> Posted viahttp://www.vistaheads.com- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -


Please visit http://databasetimes.blogspot.com/20...ack-issue.html

Let me know it help or not
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Code 737D Error - Security Update for SQL Server 2005 Service Pack Raj microsoft.public.windowsupdate 31 10-16-2009 08:22
Security Update for SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 (KB948109) mizsub microsoft.public.windowsupdate 23 08-01-2009 17:15
Error Installing SQL Server 2005 Express Service Pack 2 (KB 921896 Fishers Tim microsoft.public.windowsupdate 1 01-03-2008 18:30
Re: Error Code: 0x6DBC Updates were not installed Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition Service Pack 2 amusedgeek microsoft.public.windowsupdate 0 12-20-2007 04:52
Fehler bei Update "Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition Service Pack 2 (KB 921896) Albert microsoft.public.de.windows.vista.installation 1 04-08-2007 17:56




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:45.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120