Windows Update error code 8024200d possiable fix.

ctdashing

Windows Update error code 8024200d possiable fix.
I tried to install Windows Vista sp1 for a full week. I even went online with
tech support to try to fix the problem. I finally had to stop online support
due to personal business. I then checked with my manufacture to see if they
had any possiable problems. I was directed to run Memory Diagnostic Tool,
where I was told I had a memory problem. I was susposed to have 1 GB of
memory. I purchased a 1 GB stick of memory, removed the two sticks of memory
that I had, then installed the 1 GB memory in the first slot, an original 500
MB of memory in the second, and the last 500 MB in the third slot, giving me
2 GB of ram. I have had no problems with Windows Vista since. The bottom line

I believe you need at least 1.5 GB of memory to run Vista. Check your memory
and see how that works for you.
Sloppy Orange

RE: Windows Update error code 8024200d possiable fix.
I am running Vista 64bit on a 4GB DDRII system. When I re-installed my vista
64 and ran windows update for SP1, yet the result I get is code 8024200d!!!
Therefore, I believe it is not related to memory for certain cases!!!
I am still having this problem when updating Vista SP 1 from windows
update... can someone provide a denifite solution for this type of problem?

System:
Vista Ultimate 64bit
Intel Core2 6600
4GB DDR II

"ctdashing" wrote:

> I tried to install Windows Vista sp1 for a full week. I even went online with
> tech support to try to fix the problem. I finally had to stop online support
> due to personal business. I then checked with my manufacture to see if they
> had any possiable problems. I was directed to run Memory Diagnostic Tool,
> where I was told I had a memory problem. I was susposed to have 1 GB of
> memory. I purchased a 1 GB stick of memory, removed the two sticks of memory
> that I had, then installed the 1 GB memory in the first slot, an original 500
> MB of memory in the second, and the last 500 MB in the third slot, giving me
> 2 GB of ram. I have had no problems with Windows Vista since. The bottom line
>
> I believe you need at least 1.5 GB of memory to run Vista. Check your memory
> and see how that works for you.

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: Windows Update error code 8024200d possiable fix.
Your post is unclear as to whether:
1) You're trying to install SP1 via Windows Update
2) You're trying to update the system after applying SP1

If it's the former, suggest you download the entire SP1 package:

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Five Language Standalone for x64-based
Systems (KB936330)

Then read this prior to installing it:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936330

** Skip Step 2 as all required pre-installation updates are included in
SP1 **

If SP1 still fails to install:

> Free unlimited installation and compatibility support is available for Windows Vista, but only for
> Service Pack 1 (SP1). This support for SP1 is valid until March 18, 2009. Availability of chat or
> e-mail support differs depending on your geographic location. For customers residing in North America
> or Canada, chat and e-mail support is available.
>
> Some issues may require more advanced support for which there is a charge.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten