WinXP SP3 install from CD

sweeneysmsm

WinXP SP3 install from CD
I have WinXP SP2 (build 2600) on my Dell Dimension 8200. I have received the
Microsoft CD of SP3 and tried to install.

In the process of Setup inspecting my current configuration etc it tries to
backup file webfldrs.msi. I get a message that it cannot copy this file. I am
instructed to make sure that the location specified is correct
(c:\windows\system32) or to change it and insert 'Windows XP System Files' in
the drive I specify.

I did a C drive search for webfldrs.msi and came up with nothing. I did
another C drive search for webfldrs and came up with the following:
webfldrs.ms_ in this location:
c:\0a3d30a15f69296e42cf0e\i386
This is listed as being 1,071 KB in size and type MS_File.

I am asked if I wish to continue setup without copying this file. At this
point I have said No and am hoping that someone wiser than I can put this
message in context and give me some advice.

Thank you for any insight you can give.

Mary

Alias

Re: WinXP SP3 install from CD
sweeneysmsm wrote:
> I have WinXP SP2 (build 2600) on my Dell Dimension 8200. I have received the
> Microsoft CD of SP3 and tried to install.
>
> In the process of Setup inspecting my current configuration etc it tries to
> backup file webfldrs.msi. I get a message that it cannot copy this file. I am
> instructed to make sure that the location specified is correct
> (c:\windows\system32) or to change it and insert 'Windows XP System Files' in
> the drive I specify.
>
> I did a C drive search for webfldrs.msi and came up with nothing. I did
> another C drive search for webfldrs and came up with the following:
> webfldrs.ms_ in this location:
> c:\0a3d30a15f69296e42cf0e\i386
> This is listed as being 1,071 KB in size and type MS_File.
>
> I am asked if I wish to continue setup without copying this file. At this
> point I have said No and am hoping that someone wiser than I can put this
> message in context and give me some advice.
>
> Thank you for any insight you can give.
>
> Mary

I don't plan to install SP3 on any computer until I need to reinstall
XP. It doesn't really improve anything.

Alias

Re: WinXP SP3 install from CD
Steps to take before you install WinXP SP3
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950717

e-mail support is available only in the United States and Canada.

• US:

• CA:

• UK:

• AU:

• Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...spx?gprid=1173 | select
Windows XP | select Windows XP Service Pack 3

WinXP-specific newsgroup: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/