RE: Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool KB892130

Mark

RE: Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool KB892130
I have the same problem. I clicked on the link-it downloads O.K. & indicates
that I have a valid copy of Windows. The first time I did this when I closed
down the computer it did about 7 updates. I then went back in to do a
Windows update but still get the same error code "KB892130" & it will not let
me go beyond to see if all updates are current or if there are any available
updates.

"fxrguy" wrote:

> The "Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool KB892130" failed to load and I
> get Error code OX 80070005. Is this something I need to be concerned about
> and if so how do I fix it?

TaurArian

Re: Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool KB892130
Error message when you try to install the Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) Validation Tool
from the Windows Update Web site: "0x80070005"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917499

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

"Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|I have the same problem. I clicked on the link-it downloads O.K. & indicates
| that I have a valid copy of Windows. The first time I did this when I closed
| down the computer it did about 7 updates. I then went back in to do a
| Windows update but still get the same error code "KB892130" & it will not let
| me go beyond to see if all updates are current or if there are any available
| updates.
|
| "fxrguy" wrote:
|
| > The "Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool KB892130" failed to load and I
| > get Error code OX 80070005. Is this something I need to be concerned about
| > and if so how do I fix it?

LSkaines

Re: Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool KB892130
I too, cannot get past the Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool
(KB892130) failure. Prior to Jan 8, 2008 automatic updates were fairly
reliable. Then the autoupdate system decided that the Validation tool needed
to be reinstalled, but the attempt to do so fails (without error codes on two
of my PCs). Because Win XP won't allow deinstall of the Validation Tool and
because the tool won't reinstall, I can't get any further updates from
Microsoft.

Per previous discussions, I used the MGADiag tool and confirmed that my Win
XP is valid. However, so far the only productive solution I have had on one
of my PCs was to backup, reformat my hard drive, reinstall Win XP, and update
the whole mess to current levels. Of course, that means I have to reinstall
all other software too!

Hang in there!

"TaurArian" wrote:

> Error message when you try to install the Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) Validation Tool
> from the Windows Update Web site: "0x80070005"
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917499
>

> --
>
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Update Services
> http://taurarian.mvps.org
>

> "Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> |I have the same problem. I clicked on the link-it downloads O.K. & indicates
> | that I have a valid copy of Windows. The first time I did this when I closed
> | down the computer it did about 7 updates. I then went back in to do a
> | Windows update but still get the same error code "KB892130" & it will not let
> | me go beyond to see if all updates are current or if there are any available
> | updates.
> |
> | "fxrguy" wrote:
> |
> | > The "Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool KB892130" failed to load and I
> | > get Error code OX 80070005. Is this something I need to be concerned about
> | > and if so how do I fix it?

Manny

Re: Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool KB892130
I found something that works!! I looked around because I was having the same
problems, and I was finally able to install all the updates.

I found this on a Dell Support forum:

"Re-register the Windows Update DLL with the commands below

Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.

Type the following commands. Press ENTER after each command.

regsvr32 wuapi.dll
regsvr32 wuaueng.dll
regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll
regsvr32 wucltui.dll
regsvr32 wups.dll
regsvr32 wups2.dll
regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Attempt to run Windows Update"

I did that after I ran the WGA Diagnostic Tool as suggested by the second
poster, and all the updates were installed. FINALLY! I'm really dissappointed
that Microsoft can't suggest this in the first place. Hope it helps!