Vista home premium sp1 update cut off infrared mouse connection

gualterio

Vista home premium sp1 update cut off infrared mouse connection
Automatic update on a vaio desktop with wireless keyboard and mouse
interrupted communication with mouse (not keyboard). HELP
--
Gracias

Re: Vista home premium sp1 update cut off infrared mouse connection
Unlimited installation and compatibility support for Vista SP1 is available
at no charge through 18 Mar-09
• US:

• CA:

• UK:

• AU:

• Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx | select Windows
Vista | select Windows Vista Service Pack 1
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

gualterio wrote:
> Automatic update on a vaio desktop with wireless keyboard and mouse
> interrupted communication with mouse (not keyboard). HELP

TaurArian

Re: Vista home premium sp1 update cut off infrared mouse connection
A device driver is not installed, or a hardware device does not function correctly after
you install Windows Vista Service Pack 1
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948187

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

"gualterio" <granpapamono@hotmail.com> wrote in message
| Automatic update on a vaio desktop with wireless keyboard and mouse
| interrupted communication with mouse (not keyboard). HELP
| --
| Gracias

gualterio

Re: Vista home premium sp1 update cut off infrared mouse connectio
I made contact with the link and the drivers were re installed. It worked for
half an hour and then mouse froze.
Is it possible to uninstall SP! for vista?
--
Gracias

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Unlimited installation and compatibility support for Vista SP1 is available
> at no charge through 18 Mar-09
> • US:
>
> • CA:
>
> • UK:
>
> • AU:
>
> • Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx | select Windows
> Vista | select Windows Vista Service Pack 1
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> gualterio wrote:
> > Automatic update on a vaio desktop with wireless keyboard and mouse
> > interrupted communication with mouse (not keyboard). HELP

gualterio

Re: Vista home premium sp1 update cut off infrared mouse connectio
I followed the instructions in method 2, it workrd only for half an hour and
then the mouse froze again.
--
Gracias

"TaurArian" wrote:

> A device driver is not installed, or a hardware device does not function correctly after
> you install Windows Vista Service Pack 1
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948187
>
> --
>
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Update Services
> http://taurarian.mvps.org
>

> "gualterio" <granpapamono@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> | Automatic update on a vaio desktop with wireless keyboard and mouse
> | interrupted communication with mouse (not keyboard). HELP
> | --
> | Gracias

Re: Vista home premium sp1 update cut off infrared mouse connectio
Continue with the free Vista SP1 Support, please.

That being said, yes, you can uninstall SP1 (though I try using another
mouse, infrared or otherwise, before taking such drastic measures):

How to uninstall Windows Vista SP1 as a troubleshooting step:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948537

gualterio wrote:
> I made contact with the link and the drivers were re installed. It worked
> for half an hour and then mouse froze.
> Is it possible to uninstall SP! for vista?
>
>> Unlimited installation and compatibility support for Vista SP1 is
>> available
>> at no charge through 18 Mar-09
>> • US:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=500921
>>
>> • CA:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=500921
>>
>> • UK:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=500921
>>
>> • AU:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=500921
>>
>> • Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx | select Windows
>> Vista | select Windows Vista Service Pack 1
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> gualterio wrote:
>>> Automatic update on a vaio desktop with wireless keyboard and mouse
>>> interrupted communication with mouse (not keyboard). HELP

TaurArian

Re: Vista home premium sp1 update cut off infrared mouse connectio
One possibility it's a problem with the mouse.

You could also try uninstalling SP1 and see if the problem is still there.

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008