June Update, did not postpone, shut down and lost info...why?

Croz

June Update, did not postpone, shut down and lost info...why?
I don't know what kind of dog and pony show this is, but I was composing
information in e-mail when the WINDOWS UPDATE DECIDED to warn me of it's
intented "update", in which I was a few minutes away on a count-down timer,
requires a re-boot. So I clicked on the postpone feature, see if your online
and you're doing research, this feature will shut you down, so I clicked
"NO", or postpone.... but it shut down emmmmmmmmidiately.

Now, I don't know how you'ld feel if your research disappears, but I threw
a class through the sheet rock as if the person who set up this disaster was
five feet from me. Plus, my controller isn't working now, so now my
developement is closed off.

If that wasn't enough, the next time I got back online to recover from this
disaster, it UPDATED AGAIN!!! SAME UPDATE... twice, why? AND.... it doesn't
seem to be stoppable, but... it didn't update at first, NO! Not at first....
no no noo00ooo... it waited a good half hour before it did the same
%4#@(8)!!! thing to do it's damage, couldn't re-set the timer... so my
question is, who's the drone that set me up for a total loss, and where do I
send the bill? How do I stop it from doing another update again? How do I
reverse the update, un-install it or delete it, will a restore fix this, do I
have to un-install my other software and re-install them to get this back and
running, I was doing just fine. And what happened? Where else did it corrupt
my operational functions, and is Mac any better?

Oh yes, I saw the other blogs here about this so-called update (built on
friday), I think some of them had prior pc issues, but my machine is a
virgin, just out of the box, Acer Laptop (Aspire 9410z), and it's wasn't
built on friday, or monday, so yeah... you might say it has issues too, now.

Who needs a virus when an update is legal? Oh yeah... I just remembered it
has stopped my Adobe during start up, so I now wait for the "nag screen" to
appear so that I can get that working... none of these problems occurred
before the UPDATES.

drop me a line thecrosbyguy@yahoo.com
TaurArian

Re: June Update, did not postpone, shut down and lost info...why?

Don't forget to tell them what operating system you have !

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org