XP SP 3 - network connection faillure

FRENZY001

XP SP 3 - network connection faillure
After installing the SP3 I cannot connect to the network. After a system
restore, so back to SP2 it works again.
Anyone having the same problem?
Shenan Stanley

Re: XP SP 3 - network connection faillure
FRENZY001 wrote:
> After installing the SP3 I cannot connect to the network. After a
> system restore, so back to SP2 it works again.
> Anyone having the same problem?

First suggestion:
Find the support web page for the manufacturer of your network device and
download and install the latest driver for that device straight from that
manufacturer's web page. Then try your SP3 installation again.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Re: XP SP 3 - network connection faillure
Running a Norton 2008 application?

================================

Steps to take before you install WinXP SP3
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950717

e-mail support is available only in the United States and Canada.

• US:

• CA:

• UK:

• AU:

• Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...spx?gprid=1173 | select
Windows XP | select Windows XP Service Pack 3
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

FRENZY001 wrote:
> After installing the SP3 I cannot connect to the network. After a system
> restore, so back to SP2 it works again.
> Anyone having the same problem?

TaurArian

Re: XP SP 3 - network connection faillure
Is this relevant to your situation?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953761
Windows XP SP3-based client computers cannot access the network when some DHCP information
is unavailable

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

"FRENZY001" <FRENZY001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| After installing the SP3 I cannot connect to the network. After a system
| restore, so back to SP2 it works again.
| Anyone having the same problem?

Re: XP SP 3 - network connection faillure
<QP>
Windows XP SP3-based client computers cannot access the network when some
DHCP information is unavailable
17 June, 2008, 3:34:00 AM
This article has been added.
</QP>

And 30 minutes later, you're referencing it. You go girl! <eg>
--
~R

TaurArian wrote:
> Is this relevant to your situation?
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953761
> Windows XP SP3-based client computers cannot access the network when some
> DHCP information is unavailable
>

> "FRENZY001" <FRENZY001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> After installing the SP3 I cannot connect to the network. After a
>> system
>> restore, so back to SP2 it works again.
>> Anyone having the same problem?

TaurArian

Re: XP SP 3 - network connection faillure
Would have been sooner but it took me 10 minutes to find it.
LOL
--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008