Windows XP update problems

Marcus

Windows XP update problems
I am running XP home. I was having problems getting update enabled, then
started, then getting the actual web page loaded, but I fixed all of that.
Now when I search for updates on windows update site, it doesn't return any
updates (hihg-priority or custom). I know there has to be updates available,
why can't I find any?

Re: Windows XP update problems
Are you running WinXP, WinXP SP1, WinXP SP2, or WinXP SP3?

How did you "fix all that"?

Is Automatic Updates enabled?

At the Windows Update website, click on UPDATE HISTORY: What were the last
five (5) updates installed, when were they installed, and how were they
installed (e.g., Windows Update; Microsoft Update; Automatic Updates)?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Marcus wrote:
> I am running XP home. I was having problems getting update enabled, then
> started, then getting the actual web page loaded, but I fixed all of that.
> Now when I search for updates on windows update site, it doesn't return
> any
> updates (hihg-priority or custom). I know there has to be updates
> available, why can't I find any?

Marcus

Re: Windows XP update problems
I am running WinXP SP3. I used the resolution suggestions from the update
web site to fix my previous problems.
Automatic updates is enabled.
My last 5 updates were installed on 6/11/08 by Automatic Updates.
1. Cumulative Security update for IE7 for WinXP (KB950759)
2. Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool (KB890830)
3. Update for Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Junk Email filter (KB951476)
4. Security Update for WinXP (KB951698)
5. Security Update for WinXP (KB950762)

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Are you running WinXP, WinXP SP1, WinXP SP2, or WinXP SP3?
>
> How did you "fix all that"?
>
> Is Automatic Updates enabled?
>
> At the Windows Update website, click on UPDATE HISTORY: What were the last
> five (5) updates installed, when were they installed, and how were they
> installed (e.g., Windows Update; Microsoft Update; Automatic Updates)?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>

> Marcus wrote:
> > I am running XP home. I was having problems getting update enabled, then
> > started, then getting the actual web page loaded, but I fixed all of that.
> > Now when I search for updates on windows update site, it doesn't return
> > any
> > updates (hihg-priority or custom). I know there has to be updates
> > available, why can't I find any?

Re: Windows XP update problems
Thank you.

> My last 5 updates were installed on 6/11/08 by Automatic Updates.
> 1. Cumulative Security update for IE7 for WinXP (KB950759)
> 2. Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool (KB890830)
> 3. Update for Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Junk Email filter (KB951476)
> 4. Security Update for WinXP (KB951698)
> 5. Security Update for WinXP (KB950762)

No updates for WinXP SP2 or SP3 have been released since those five (5)
updates were released on 10 June 2008, Marcus. See
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=33721
--
~PA Bear

Marcus wrote:
> I am running WinXP SP3. I used the resolution suggestions from the update
> web site to fix my previous problems.
> Automatic updates is enabled.
> My last 5 updates were installed on 6/11/08 by Automatic Updates.
> 1. Cumulative Security update for IE7 for WinXP (KB950759)
> 2. Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool (KB890830)
> 3. Update for Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Junk Email filter (KB951476)
> 4. Security Update for WinXP (KB951698)
> 5. Security Update for WinXP (KB950762)
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Are you running WinXP, WinXP SP1, WinXP SP2, or WinXP SP3?
>>
>> How did you "fix all that"?
>>
>> Is Automatic Updates enabled?
>>
>> At the Windows Update website, click on UPDATE HISTORY: What were the
>> last
>> five (5) updates installed, when were they installed, and how were they
>> installed (e.g., Windows Update; Microsoft Update; Automatic Updates)?
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>

>> Marcus wrote:
>>> I am running XP home. I was having problems getting update enabled,
>>> then
>>> started, then getting the actual web page loaded, but I fixed all of
>>> that.
>>> Now when I search for updates on windows update site, it doesn't return
>>> any
>>> updates (hihg-priority or custom). I know there has to be updates
>>> available, why can't I find any?

Marcus

Re: Windows XP update problems
Thanks. Feel a lot better.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Thank you.
>
> > My last 5 updates were installed on 6/11/08 by Automatic Updates.
> > 1. Cumulative Security update for IE7 for WinXP (KB950759)
> > 2. Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool (KB890830)
> > 3. Update for Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Junk Email filter (KB951476)
> > 4. Security Update for WinXP (KB951698)
> > 5. Security Update for WinXP (KB950762)

> No updates for WinXP SP2 or SP3 have been released since those five (5)
> updates were released on 10 June 2008, Marcus. See
> http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=33721
> --
> ~PA Bear
>

> Marcus wrote:
> > I am running WinXP SP3. I used the resolution suggestions from the update
> > web site to fix my previous problems.
> > Automatic updates is enabled.
> > My last 5 updates were installed on 6/11/08 by Automatic Updates.
> > 1. Cumulative Security update for IE7 for WinXP (KB950759)
> > 2. Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool (KB890830)
> > 3. Update for Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Junk Email filter (KB951476)
> > 4. Security Update for WinXP (KB951698)
> > 5. Security Update for WinXP (KB950762)
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Are you running WinXP, WinXP SP1, WinXP SP2, or WinXP SP3?
> >>
> >> How did you "fix all that"?
> >>
> >> Is Automatic Updates enabled?
> >>
> >> At the Windows Update website, click on UPDATE HISTORY: What were the
> >> last
> >> five (5) updates installed, when were they installed, and how were they
> >> installed (e.g., Windows Update; Microsoft Update; Automatic Updates)?
> >> --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> >> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Re: Windows XP update problems
You're welcome.

You can subscribe to a service that will Notify you when critical security
updates are (about to be) released, Marcus. See
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec...in/notify.mspx

Marcus wrote:
> Thanks. Feel a lot better.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Thank you.
>>
>>> My last 5 updates were installed on 6/11/08 by Automatic Updates.
>>> 1. Cumulative Security update for IE7 for WinXP (KB950759)
>>> 2. Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool (KB890830)
>>> 3. Update for Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Junk Email filter (KB951476)
>>> 4. Security Update for WinXP (KB951698)
>>> 5. Security Update for WinXP (KB950762)

>> No updates for WinXP SP2 or SP3 have been released since those five (5)
>> updates were released on 10 June 2008, Marcus. See
>> http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=33721
>> --
>> ~PA Bear
>>

>> Marcus wrote:
>>> I am running WinXP SP3. I used the resolution suggestions from the
>>> update
>>> web site to fix my previous problems.
>>> Automatic updates is enabled.
>>> My last 5 updates were installed on 6/11/08 by Automatic Updates.
>>> 1. Cumulative Security update for IE7 for WinXP (KB950759)
>>> 2. Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool (KB890830)
>>> 3. Update for Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Junk Email filter (KB951476)
>>> 4. Security Update for WinXP (KB951698)
>>> 5. Security Update for WinXP (KB950762)

tmde

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> You're welcome.
>
> You can subscribe to a service that will Notify you when critical security
> updates are (about to be) released, Marcus. See
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec...in/notify.mspx
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>

> Marcus wrote:
> > Thanks. Feel a lot better.
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Thank you.

> >> No updates for WinXP SP2 or SP3 have been released since those five (5)
> >> updates were released on 10 June 2008, Marcus. See
> >> http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=33721
> >> --
> >> ~PA Bear

tmde

Re: Windows XP update problems
Hello,

I have XP SP3. Same....my Automatic Update is disable. How can get update
turn "ON"?

"Marcus" wrote:

> I am running WinXP SP3. I used the resolution suggestions from the update
> web site to fix my previous problems.
> Automatic updates is enabled.
> My last 5 updates were installed on 6/11/08 by Automatic Updates.
> 1. Cumulative Security update for IE7 for WinXP (KB950759)
> 2. Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool (KB890830)
> 3. Update for Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Junk Email filter (KB951476)
> 4. Security Update for WinXP (KB951698)
> 5. Security Update for WinXP (KB950762)
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Are you running WinXP, WinXP SP1, WinXP SP2, or WinXP SP3?
> >
> > How did you "fix all that"?
> >
> > Is Automatic Updates enabled?
> >
> > At the Windows Update website, click on UPDATE HISTORY: What were the last
> > five (5) updates installed, when were they installed, and how were they
> > installed (e.g., Windows Update; Microsoft Update; Automatic Updates)?
> > --
> > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> > MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
> > AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> > DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
> >

> > Marcus wrote:
> > > I am running XP home. I was having problems getting update enabled, then
> > > started, then getting the actual web page loaded, but I fixed all of that.
> > > Now when I search for updates on windows update site, it doesn't return
> > > any
> > > updates (hihg-priority or custom). I know there has to be updates
> > > available, why can't I find any?

Re: Windows XP update problems
Please begin a new thread about /your/ problem. Thanks.