WindowsUpdate installed this:
Restart Required: To complete the installation of the following updates, the
computer must be restarted. Until this computer has been restarted, Windows
cannot search for or download new updates:
- Cumulative Security Update for ActiveX Killbits for Windows Server 2003
- Security Update for Windows Server 2003 (KB951698)
- Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 for Windows Server 2003
- Security Update for Windows Server 2003 (KB950762)
- Update for Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Junk Email Filter (KB951476)
- Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - June 2008 (KB890830)
For more information, see Help and Support Center at
Today I have booted the machine and after logging in no desktop is
explorer.exe is running but has only a few threads.
Taskmanager no longer shows which user own the processes.
Add/Remove Programs does not list the installed programs anymore.
IE 7 is no longer connecting to the internet.
I tried to uninstall KB950759 - did not work, hangs in first step.
Then I tried to reinstall IE7, hangs on "installing core components".
Desktop works again, everything seems to be fine.
WindowsUpdate wants to reinstall KB950759. I skipped it.
Was the update buggy?