RE: Windows Genuine Advantage (KB892130) failed

Jedeoth

RE: Windows Genuine Advantage (KB892130) failed
I installed nero today and since have had to repair my xp and now reinstall
MANUALLY over 50 updates simply because they wont update themselves anymore.
I went to a post in help and support and they are giving praise to someone
for finding out you have to dload an UNNAMED file manually from Wupdate,
other wise u have to go and reupdate them all manually. WAY to Go and Bravo
Zulu to this wonderful issue. Good luck and if u hear of a solution let me
know, meanwhile i am copy and pasting KBs into the update search box for the
next few days.

"Poul Erik" wrote:

> I have sent Cary Caldwell the log file WGA.log and he should come with a
> solution on the Windows Genuine Advantage (KB892130) intallation problem.
> But who is Cary Caldwell - he has not answered me yet. Is he serious or what?
> Another problem:
> I have Nero installed on my computer and could not install the latest
> version 7.0.5.4 is there a relatione between Windows Genuine Advantage
> (KB892130) problem and Nero update?
> Has anyone of you who has Nero installed seen this problem
>
> Does Microsoft come with a solution on the WGA problem?
> Poul Erik

theantik

RE: Windows Genuine Advantage (KB892130) failed
Hi. Your post came up while I was trying to find out how to fix the update
function on my emachine after having to do a repair xp install. I thought you
might find what I found in my research and posted in another discussion post
useful - especially the Microsoft Bulletin
(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144) I found. My very last reply is
probably the most comprehensive.

Hope it helps.

Re: KB892130 update cannot be installed