Installed SP and now my mouse jumps to the top of the page

ssellars

Installed SP and now my mouse jumps to the top of the page
After the installation of SP3 the mouse jumps to the top of my desktop every
few seconds. I have attempted to uninstall and reinstall but got the same
results.
Any Ideas?

Re: Installed SP and now my mouse jumps to the top of the page
e-mail support is available only in the United States and Canada.

• US:

• CA:

• UK:

• AU:

• Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...spx?gprid=1173 | select
Windows XP | select Windows XP Service Pack 3
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

ssellars wrote:
> After the installation of SP3 the mouse jumps to the top of my desktop
> every
> few seconds. I have attempted to uninstall and reinstall but got the same
> results.
> Any Ideas?

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: Installed SP and now my mouse jumps to the top of the page
How are you doing the uninstall/reinstall ?
Suggest you uninstall the mouse in Safe Mode and then do a reboot of the
system to normal Windows mode. [ use the keyboard to restart ]
Allow Plug and Play to reinstall the 'mousey'.

If the system is manufactured by an OEM [Dell, HP, etc.], then visit
their website to see if this is a known issue and if there may possibly
be an updated driver for the mouse.
If the moose [sic] was purchased separately, visit the meese's [sic]
manufacturer's web site for an updated driver.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

ssellars wrote:

> After the installation of SP3 the mouse jumps to the top of my desktop every
> few seconds. I have attempted to uninstall and reinstall but got the same
> results.
> Any Ideas?

Joan Archer

Re: Installed SP and now my mouse jumps to the top of the page
How is the mouse connected to the computer, is it USB, PS2 or wireless ?

--
Joan Archer
http://www.freewebs.com/crossstitcher

"ssellars" <ssellars@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After the installation of SP3 the mouse jumps to the top of my desktop
> every
> few seconds. I have attempted to uninstall and reinstall but got the same
> results.
> Any Ideas?

ssellars

Re: Installed SP and now my mouse jumps to the top of the page
It's a bluetooth wireless mouse & keyboard. Model MX5000. The logitech
software is up to date.

"Joan Archer" wrote:

> How is the mouse connected to the computer, is it USB, PS2 or wireless ?
>
> --
> Joan Archer
> http://www.freewebs.com/crossstitcher
> http://lachsoft.com/photogallery
>
> "ssellars" <ssellars@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > After the installation of SP3 the mouse jumps to the top of my desktop
> > every
> > few seconds. I have attempted to uninstall and reinstall but got the same
> > results.
> > Any Ideas?

Bubba

Re: Installed SP and now my mouse jumps to the top of the page
sorry to tag onto this but,
My usb mouse works, but XP will not recognize usb or ps2 mouse... booting pc
will, but once it loads windows the password box opens... but nothing from
either keyboard.

M/S updates loaded last week, worked fine before the updates.
Thoughts, suggestions?