Windows Update error 8007000b

Fil

Windows Update error 8007000b
I receive error 8007000b when I try to install Windows Vista updates.
I want to fix this and be able to install Windows Vista updates again as I
used to, using Windows Update; how can I achieve this?
I am using Microsoft Windows Vista Business 32bit - English, US (Microsoft
Windows, Version 6.0, Build 6001: Service Pack 1).
TaurArian

Re: Windows Update error 8007000b
Windows Update error 8007000b
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...904121033.mspx

Error message when you try to install updates on a Windows Vista-based computer by using
Windows Update: "Code 8007000b"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/939399

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

"Fil" <Fil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|I receive error 8007000b when I try to install Windows Vista updates.
| I want to fix this and be able to install Windows Vista updates again as I
| used to, using Windows Update; how can I achieve this?
| I am using Microsoft Windows Vista Business 32bit - English, US (Microsoft
| Windows, Version 6.0, Build 6001: Service Pack 1).

Fil

Re: Windows Update error 8007000b
Problem persists.

"TaurArian" wrote:

> Windows Update error 8007000b
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...904121033.mspx
>
> Error message when you try to install updates on a Windows Vista-based computer by using
> Windows Update: "Code 8007000b"
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/939399
>

> --
>
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Update Services
> http://taurarian.mvps.org
>

> "Fil" <Fil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> |I receive error 8007000b when I try to install Windows Vista updates.
> | I want to fix this and be able to install Windows Vista updates again as I
> | used to, using Windows Update; how can I achieve this?
> | I am using Microsoft Windows Vista Business 32bit - English, US (Microsoft
> | Windows, Version 6.0, Build 6001: Service Pack 1).

Re: Windows Update error 8007000b
Which updates are you trying to install? Are you attempting to install them
via Windows Update or manually?

Did you install Vista SP1 via Windows Update or manually?

(if any)? Were any of these applications running when you installed Vista
SP1?
=================================
Unlimited installation and compatibility support for Vista SP1 is available
at no charge through 18 Mar-09
• US:

• CA:

• UK:

• AU:

• Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx | select Windows
Vista | select Windows Vista Service Pack 1
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Fil wrote:
> Problem persists.
>
> "TaurArian" wrote:
>> Windows Update error 8007000b
>> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...904121033.mspx
>>
>> Error message when you try to install updates on a Windows Vista-based
>> computer by using Windows Update: "Code 8007000b"
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/939399
>>
>> "Fil" <Fil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> I receive error 8007000b when I try to install Windows Vista updates.
>>> I want to fix this and be able to install Windows Vista updates again as
>>> used to, using Windows Update; how can I achieve this?
>>> I am using Microsoft Windows Vista Business 32bit - English, US
>>> (Microsoft
>>> Windows, Version 6.0, Build 6001: Service Pack 1).

Fil

Re: Windows Update error 8007000b
Cumulative Security Update for ActiveX Killbits for Windows Vista (KB950760),
Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 in Windows Vista
(KB950759), Security Update for Windows Vista (KB950762), Security Update for
Windows Vista (KB951376), Security Update for Windows Vista (KB951698),
Update for Windows Mail Junk E-mail Filter [June 2008] (KB905866) and Update
for Windows Vista (KB952714). Via Windows Update.

Via Windows Update.

Symantec AntiVirus. PC Tools Spyware Doctor. ZoneAlarm. Yes.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Which updates are you trying to install? Are you attempting to install them
> via Windows Update or manually?
>
> Did you install Vista SP1 via Windows Update or manually?
>
> What anti-virus application or security suite is installed? What
> anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall
> (if any)? Were any of these applications running when you installed Vista
> SP1?
> =================================
> Unlimited installation and compatibility support for Vista SP1 is available
> at no charge through 18 Mar-09
> • US:
>
> • CA:
>
> • UK:
>
> • AU:
>
> • Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx | select Windows
> Vista | select Windows Vista Service Pack 1
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>

> Fil wrote:
> > Problem persists.
> >
> > "TaurArian" wrote:
> >> Windows Update error 8007000b
> >> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...904121033.mspx
> >>
> >> Error message when you try to install updates on a Windows Vista-based
> >> computer by using Windows Update: "Code 8007000b"
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/939399

Fil

Re: Windows Update error 8007000b
Forgot to mention McAfee SiteAdvisor, Spybot - Search & Destroy and
SpywareBlaster.

"Fil" wrote:

> Cumulative Security Update for ActiveX Killbits for Windows Vista (KB950760),
> Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 in Windows Vista
> (KB950759), Security Update for Windows Vista (KB950762), Security Update for
> Windows Vista (KB951376), Security Update for Windows Vista (KB951698),
> Update for Windows Mail Junk E-mail Filter [June 2008] (KB905866) and Update
> for Windows Vista (KB952714). Via Windows Update.
>
> Via Windows Update.
>
> Symantec AntiVirus. PC Tools Spyware Doctor. ZoneAlarm. Yes.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Which updates are you trying to install? Are you attempting to install them
> > via Windows Update or manually?
> >
> > Did you install Vista SP1 via Windows Update or manually?
> >
> > What anti-virus application or security suite is installed? What
> > anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall
> > (if any)? Were any of these applications running when you installed Vista
> > SP1?
> > =================================
> > Unlimited installation and compatibility support for Vista SP1 is available
> > at no charge through 18 Mar-09
> > • US:
> > http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=500921
> >
> > • CA:
> > http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=500921
> >
> > • UK:
> > http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=500921
> >
> > • AU:
> > http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=500921
> >
> > • Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx | select Windows
> > Vista | select Windows Vista Service Pack 1
> > --
> > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> > MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
> > AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> > DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
> >

> > Fil wrote:
> > > Problem persists.

Re: Windows Update error 8007000b
Error message when you try to install updates on a Windows Vista-based
computer by using Windows Update or when you try to perform a backup: "Code
0x8007000b":
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/939399

Tip: Temporarily disable real-time protection by your anti-virus and/or
anti-spyware applications (e.g., CounterSpy, Spysweeper, Spybot Tea Timer,
AVG Anti-Spyware) and/or any third-party firewall (e.g., ZA) before
attempting to install the update(s). If you disable the third-party
firewall, make certain that you enable the Windows Firewall!

To completely disable Spybot Tea Timer, see
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=32409. If you don't fully understand what
Tea Timer does and how it does it, I'd recommend leaving it permanently
disabled.

FAQ: Upgrading to Windows XP Service Pack 3 or Windows Vista Service Pack 1
with your Norton 2008 product installed
http://solutions.symantec.com/sdccom...080530144453EN

WinXP SP3 [and Vista SP1] - Read all prerequisites for a successful
installation

Fil wrote:
> Forgot to mention McAfee SiteAdvisor, Spybot - Search & Destroy and
> SpywareBlaster.
>
> "Fil" wrote:
>
>> Cumulative Security Update for ActiveX Killbits for Windows Vista
>> (KB950760), Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 in Windows
>> Vista (KB950759), Security Update for Windows Vista (KB950762), Security
>> Update for Windows Vista (KB951376), Security Update for Windows Vista
>> (KB951698), Update for Windows Mail Junk E-mail Filter [June 2008]
>> (KB905866) and Update for Windows Vista (KB952714). Via Windows Update.
>>
>> Via Windows Update.
>>
>> Symantec AntiVirus. PC Tools Spyware Doctor. ZoneAlarm. Yes.
>>
>> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>>
>>> Which updates are you trying to install? Are you attempting to install
>>> them via Windows Update or manually?
>>>
>>> Did you install Vista SP1 via Windows Update or manually?
>>>
>>> What anti-virus application or security suite is installed? What
>>> anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party
>>> firewall (if any)? Were any of these applications running when you
>>> installed Vista SP1?
>>> =================================
>>> Unlimited installation and compatibility support for Vista SP1 is
>>> available at no charge through 18 Mar-09
>>> • US:
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=500921
>>>
>>> • CA:
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=500921
>>>
>>> • UK:
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=500921
>>>
>>> • AU:
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=500921
>>>
>>> • Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx | select Windows
>>> Vista | select Windows Vista Service Pack 1
>>> --
>>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Fil

Re: Windows Update error 8007000b
Thank you for the reply.
Problem persists.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Error message when you try to install updates on a Windows Vista-based
> computer by using Windows Update or when you try to perform a backup: "Code
> 0x8007000b":
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/939399
>
> Tip: Temporarily disable real-time protection by your anti-virus and/or
> anti-spyware applications (e.g., CounterSpy, Spysweeper, Spybot Tea Timer,
> AVG Anti-Spyware) and/or any third-party firewall (e.g., ZA) before
> attempting to install the update(s). If you disable the third-party
> firewall, make certain that you enable the Windows Firewall!
>
> To completely disable Spybot Tea Timer, see
> http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=32409. If you don't fully understand what
> Tea Timer does and how it does it, I'd recommend leaving it permanently
> disabled.

> FAQ: Upgrading to Windows XP Service Pack 3 or Windows Vista Service Pack 1
> with your Norton 2008 product installed
> http://solutions.symantec.com/sdccom...080530144453EN
>
> WinXP SP3 [and Vista SP1] - Read all prerequisites for a successful
> installation
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>

> Fil wrote:
> > Forgot to mention McAfee SiteAdvisor, Spybot - Search & Destroy and
> > SpywareBlaster.
> >
> > "Fil" wrote:
> >
> >> Cumulative Security Update for ActiveX Killbits for Windows Vista
> >> (KB950760), Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 in Windows
> >> Vista (KB950759), Security Update for Windows Vista (KB950762), Security
> >> Update for Windows Vista (KB951376), Security Update for Windows Vista
> >> (KB951698), Update for Windows Mail Junk E-mail Filter [June 2008]
> >> (KB905866) and Update for Windows Vista (KB952714). Via Windows Update.
> >>
> >> Via Windows Update.
> >>
> >> Symantec AntiVirus. PC Tools Spyware Doctor. ZoneAlarm. Yes.

Re: Windows Update error 8007000b
Open a free Vista SP1 support incident about this, Fil. See the links in my
earlier reply.

Fil wrote:
> Thank you for the reply.
> Problem persists.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Error message when you try to install updates on a Windows Vista-based
>> computer by using Windows Update or when you try to perform a backup:
>> "Code
>> 0x8007000b":
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/939399
>>
>> Tip: Temporarily disable real-time protection by your anti-virus and/or
>> anti-spyware applications (e.g., CounterSpy, Spysweeper, Spybot Tea
>> Timer,
>> AVG Anti-Spyware) and/or any third-party firewall (e.g., ZA) before
>> attempting to install the update(s). If you disable the third-party
>> firewall, make certain that you enable the Windows Firewall!
>>
>> To completely disable Spybot Tea Timer, see
>> http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=32409. If you don't fully understand
>> what
>> Tea Timer does and how it does it, I'd recommend leaving it permanently
>> disabled.

>> FAQ: Upgrading to Windows XP Service Pack 3 or Windows Vista Service Pack
>> 1
>> with your Norton 2008 product installed
>> http://solutions.symantec.com/sdccom...080530144453EN
>>
>> WinXP SP3 [and Vista SP1] - Read all prerequisites for a successful
>> installation
>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/harrywaldron...tallation.aspx
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>

>> Fil wrote:
>>> Forgot to mention McAfee SiteAdvisor, Spybot - Search & Destroy and
>>> SpywareBlaster.

Fil

Re: Windows Update error 8007000b
Thank you for your reply.
I did it already, PA Bear [MS MVP]. And, up until now, the problem (still)
persists...