KB82130 Failed to install Error message 0x800foda

leagle

KB82130 Failed to install Error message 0x800foda
I already have WGA installed, however, when I tried to do updates it
said I had to DL and Install. I DL it but it failed to install 6 times.
At this point I cannot even check updates without Installing WGA any
suggestions or insights as to what I could try next I am using XP Pro.
I am using a fairly new Dell that had Vista on it, which I removed and
installed Clean a New XP. Recently I DL Service Pack 3 which I have
also removed due to issues with it. Now I can't do any updates at all .
TaurArian

Re: KB82130 Failed to install Error message 0x800foda
You cannot install some updates or programs
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822798
When you examine the %systemroot%\Windowsupdate.log file, you may see an entry for one of
the following errors:. 0x80096001
.. 0x80096005 . 0x80096010 . 0x800B0001 . 0x800B0003 . 0x800B0004 .
800B0109 . 0x8007f0da

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

"leagle" <leagle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| I already have WGA installed, however, when I tried to do updates it
| said I had to DL and Install. I DL it but it failed to install 6 times.
| At this point I cannot even check updates without Installing WGA any
| suggestions or insights as to what I could try next I am using XP Pro.
| I am using a fairly new Dell that had Vista on it, which I removed and
| installed Clean a New XP. Recently I DL Service Pack 3 which I have
| also removed due to issues with it. Now I can't do any updates at all .

Re: KB82130 Failed to install Error message 0x800foda
> I am using a fairly new Dell that had Vista on it, which I removed
> and
> installed Clean a New XP.

CrystalBall© sez...

Update, or by using Automatic Updates after you repair a Windows XP
installation:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

NB: Also applies to clean installs, upgrade installs, and Recovery installs.

> Recently I DL Service Pack 3 which I have
> also removed due to issues with it.

Steps to take before you install WinXP SP3
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950717

e-mail support is available only in the United States and Canada.

• US:

• CA:

• UK:

• AU:

• Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...spx?gprid=1173 | select
Windows XP | select Windows XP Service Pack 3
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

leagle wrote:
> I already have WGA installed, however, when I tried to do updates it
> said I had to DL and Install. I DL it but it failed to install 6
> times.
> At this point I cannot even check updates without Installing WGA any
> suggestions or insights as to what I could try next I am using XP
> Pro.
> I am using a fairly new Dell that had Vista on it, which I removed
> and
> installed Clean a New XP. Recently I DL Service Pack 3 which I have
> also removed due to issues with it. Now I can't do any updates at all
> .

leagle

"leagle" wrote:

> I already have WGA installed, however, when I tried to do updates it
> said I had to DL and Install. I DL it but it failed to install 6 times.
> At this point I cannot even check updates without Installing WGA any
> suggestions or insights as to what I could try next I am using XP Pro.
> I am using a fairly new Dell that had Vista on it, which I removed and
> installed Clean a New XP. Recently I DL Service Pack 3 which I have
> also removed due to issues with it. Now I can't do any updates at all .

I have resolved my issue, I had to rename my Edb.log file. I
appreciate the help. Thanks