Auto Update gone...

Tammy

Auto Update gone...
I thought I had this fixed, but after little while it warned me about my auto
update. I checked in the services list and it had disappeared 3 times now
after going thru and reinstalling it and setting it up. I also started having
trouble with my AOL connection also... I can log on to the net with IE but
the new AOL that is out can't connect me... I found out how to fix it but my
AOL seems to be missing one file that has to be on the exceptions list,
"aoltpspd.exe" the AOL® TopSpeed™ Technology file. Since they are not my IP
service. I can still get online... Anyone got any ideas ... Im using winxp
home .. service pack 2. I followed these instructions on reinstalling the
auto update http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883614/en-us

Thanks,

Tammy
MowGreen [MVP]

Re: Auto Update gone...
Inline:

Tammy wrote:

> I thought I had this fixed, but after little while it warned me about my auto
> update. I checked in the services list and it had disappeared 3 times now
> after going thru and reinstalling it and setting it up.

You're referring to the Automatic Updates service, correct ?

> I also started having trouble with my AOL connection also... I can log on to the net with IE but
> the new AOL that is out can't connect me... I found out how to fix it but my
> AOL seems to be missing one file that has to be on the exceptions list,
> "aoltpspd.exe" the AOL® TopSpeed™ Technology file. Since they are not my IP
> service. I can still get online... Anyone got any ideas ...

You're having difficulty logging into Aol's services but can access the
internet. There's a file missing from Aol's software, correct ?

Im using winxp
> home .. service pack 2. I followed these instructions on reinstalling the
> auto update http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883614/en-us
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tammy

In summation, the system shows no Automatic Updates service.
Everytime you install it, it disappears, correct ?

When the AU service is reinstalled, can you Start it ?
When was the last time the system was scanned for the presence of
malware ? It sure sounds as if there is some unwanted 'guests' residing
in the system.

Have you tried using the previous Version of Aol's so-called software ?
When Aohell comes out with a newer Version there are usually issues with
it.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten

Re: Auto Update gone...
Windows version? IE version? Have you resolved the Automatic Updates
problem?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/