The system administrator has set policies to prevent this

Samual

The system administrator has set policies to prevent this
I have been advised by technical support at Mindjet that in order to resolve
a problem (XML Processing Error) I have had (other people came into the
discussion saying they were having the same problem) with Mindjet Mindmanager
since installing XP service pack 3 a few days ago that I need to reinstall
MSXML6.msi. I have downloaded MSXML6.msi but cannot install it due to the
message "The system administrator has set policies to prevent this
installation". Mindjet said they could not help me with this. I have XP
Media Center
Edition v5.1 build 2600.xpsp.080413-2111 sp 3. I have done some research and
found some information about modifying the group policy for Windows
Installer. Using gpedit.msc under Computer Configuration/Administrative
Templates/Windows Components/Windows Installer I enabled "Disable Windows
Installer" and set it to "Never". Also "Enable user controls over installs"
and set it to "Enable". Also "Prohibit User Installs" and set it to "Enable"
and "Allow User Installs". Unfortunately I'm still getting the same message
about "poliicies prevent this". This is my home computer and not on a
network. I've been dealing with this for about a week and not really sure
what to do from here. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Samual

RE: The system administrator has set policies to prevent this
On another forum a very helpful person named XEN posted this tip for this
problem - and it worked! Here it is:

Windows Installer CleanUp Utility solved my problem when I could not
reinstall MSXML6:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

------------------------------------

"Samual" wrote:

> I have been advised by technical support at Mindjet that in order to resolve
> a problem (XML Processing Error) I have had (other people came into the
> discussion saying they were having the same problem) with Mindjet Mindmanager
> since installing XP service pack 3 a few days ago that I need to reinstall
> MSXML6.msi. I have downloaded MSXML6.msi but cannot install it due to the
> message "The system administrator has set policies to prevent this
> installation". Mindjet said they could not help me with this. I have XP
> Media Center
> Edition v5.1 build 2600.xpsp.080413-2111 sp 3. I have done some research and
> found some information about modifying the group policy for Windows
> Installer. Using gpedit.msc under Computer Configuration/Administrative
> Templates/Windows Components/Windows Installer I enabled "Disable Windows
> Installer" and set it to "Never". Also "Enable user controls over installs"
> and set it to "Enable". Also "Prohibit User Installs" and set it to "Enable"
> and "Allow User Installs". Unfortunately I'm still getting the same message
> about "poliicies prevent this". This is my home computer and not on a
> network. I've been dealing with this for about a week and not really sure
> what to do from here. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

SprintGeek

RE: The system administrator has set policies to prevent this
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301
worked for me!!