Update downloading is toooooooooo slow ..

Kevin

Update downloading is toooooooooo slow ..
New PC is delivered, I am trying to install all the fixes and service packs,
it is too much slow now.
I guess it is below 1kb/min. Unbelievable. Through the whole morning, it
downloaded only 300kb so far.
What the hell happened to the server?

TaurArian

Re: Update downloading is toooooooooo slow ..
Manually download -

Security updates are available on ISO-9660 CD image files from the Microsoft Download
Center
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913086

You can also download individual updates from the Catalog and save to be installed later.
http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Home.aspx

How to download updates and drivers from the Windows Update Catalog or from the Microsoft
Update Catalog
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/323166

Search for a download
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/s...displaylang=en

How to install multiple Windows updates or hotfixes with only one reboot
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/296861

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

"Kevin" <hyeon00@hanafos.com> wrote in message
| New PC is delivered, I am trying to install all the fixes and service packs,
| it is too much slow now.
| I guess it is below 1kb/min. Unbelievable. Through the whole morning, it
| downloaded only 300kb so far.
| What the hell happened to the server?

Shenan Stanley

Kevin wrote:
> New PC is delivered, I am trying to install all the fixes and
> service packs, it is too much slow now.
> I guess it is below 1kb/min. Unbelievable. Through the whole
> morning, it downloaded only 300kb so far.
> What the hell happened to the server?

What is your Internet connection and do you have the latest hardware drivers
for whatever the devices are that would help pace that (motherboard chipset,
modem, network card, wireless network card, etc..)?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Kevin

Re: Update downloading is toooooooooo slow ..
Internet connection is very good.
That is absolutely no problem.
Downloading is NOT completely stopped, it is on the way anyway, it is simply
too slow.
I think I have to try manual downloading as indicated by TaurArian.

Thanks.
Kevin

> Kevin wrote:
>> New PC is delivered, I am trying to install all the fixes and
>> service packs, it is too much slow now.
>> I guess it is below 1kb/min. Unbelievable. Through the whole
>> morning, it downloaded only 300kb so far.
>> What the hell happened to the server?

> What is your Internet connection and do you have the latest hardware
> drivers for whatever the devices are that would help pace that
> (motherboard chipset, modem, network card, wireless network card, etc..)?
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Kevin

Re: Update downloading is toooooooooo slow ..
Great!!
It works more than 600kb/s now!
(Windows update has progressed 100kb after my posting. Jejus..)
Many Thanks to you.

Kevin