i get this error code number 8024200d it wont install how do i so

kirk

i get this error code number 8024200d it wont install how do i so
i get this error code number 8024200d it wont install how do i solve
Shenan Stanley

Re: i get this error code number 8024200d it wont install how do i so
kirk wrote:
> i get this error code number 8024200d it wont install how do i
> solve

Multiple posts - same question - just as vague. Check your latest one for
questions you need to provide answers to. Remember - you are the only one
here that can see your system, know what you know, etc. You have to tell us
a story or we don't know what will help and what won't.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

dnomyar

Re: i get this error code number 8024200d it wont install how do
I too get this error and can't make out why as I have recently installed as a
second operatin system, the first being Vista home Premium , the lates being
Ultimate. I can't see wha might be stopping this service pack loading. I did
read somewhere, \i beieve in my computer magazine tha there has to be another
update laoded before the service pack one but I din't knwo what that file is.
If ou can help from this I owild be most grateful. Incidentlally all this is
being done on the lates top notch laptop, so I am told!

"Shenan Stanley" wrote:

> kirk wrote:
> > i get this error code number 8024200d it wont install how do i
> > solve

> Multiple posts - same question - just as vague. Check your latest one for
> questions you need to provide answers to. Remember - you are the only one
> here that can see your system, know what you know, etc. You have to tell us
> a story or we don't know what will help and what won't.
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Kaveman

Re: i get this error code number 8024200d it wont install how do
http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/wi...ws-update.aspx

This tells of three (3) updates which need to be installed before Vista SP1
can be installed. I double-checked, just in case, and I keep receiving a
failed attempt do install Vista SP1.

My system has had it before (i reformated, thinking a fresh install would
fix most problems), SP1 that is. I have 64-bit install of Vista Ultimate. I
used to get multiple errors for Windows Media Player (WMP) and Internet
Explorer 7 (IE7), but somehow SP1 stopped those for about a month, then they
started again. Now my PC doesn't have those errors right now (just random
Iw3ep errors (cod4) when i shut it down and the pc says it shut down
unexpectedly) but i can't install vista service pack 1. I've tried 7 times,
cancelling 2x because it was frozen.

"dnomyar" wrote:

> I too get this error and can't make out why as I have recently installed as a
> second operatin system, the first being Vista home Premium , the lates being
> Ultimate. I can't see wha might be stopping this service pack loading. I did
> read somewhere, \i beieve in my computer magazine tha there has to be another
> update laoded before the service pack one but I din't knwo what that file is.
> If ou can help from this I owild be most grateful. Incidentlally all this is
> being done on the lates top notch laptop, so I am told!
>
> "Shenan Stanley" wrote:
>
> > kirk wrote:
> > > i get this error code number 8024200d it wont install how do i
> > > solve

> > Multiple posts - same question - just as vague. Check your latest one for
> > questions you need to provide answers to. Remember - you are the only one
> > here that can see your system, know what you know, etc. You have to tell us
> > a story or we don't know what will help and what won't.
> >
> > --
> > Shenan Stanley
> > MS-MVP
> > --
> > How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Kaveman

Re: i get this error code number 8024200d it wont install how do
i click yes to install, and it does not give me an option to restart to
finish, it just tells me that it has failed to install with the 8024200d
error and asks me if i would like to retry. i click yes, and get the same
error over and over again.

"Kaveman" wrote:

> http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/wi...ws-update.aspx
>
> This tells of three (3) updates which need to be installed before Vista SP1
> can be installed. I double-checked, just in case, and I keep receiving a
> failed attempt do install Vista SP1.
>
> My system has had it before (i reformated, thinking a fresh install would
> fix most problems), SP1 that is. I have 64-bit install of Vista Ultimate. I
> used to get multiple errors for Windows Media Player (WMP) and Internet
> Explorer 7 (IE7), but somehow SP1 stopped those for about a month, then they
> started again. Now my PC doesn't have those errors right now (just random
> Iw3ep errors (cod4) when i shut it down and the pc says it shut down
> unexpectedly) but i can't install vista service pack 1. I've tried 7 times,
> cancelling 2x because it was frozen.
>
> "dnomyar" wrote:
>
> > I too get this error and can't make out why as I have recently installed as a
> > second operatin system, the first being Vista home Premium , the lates being
> > Ultimate. I can't see wha might be stopping this service pack loading. I did
> > read somewhere, \i beieve in my computer magazine tha there has to be another
> > update laoded before the service pack one but I din't knwo what that file is.
> > If ou can help from this I owild be most grateful. Incidentlally all this is
> > being done on the lates top notch laptop, so I am told!

> > > Multiple posts - same question - just as vague. Check your latest one for
> > > questions you need to provide answers to. Remember - you are the only one
> > > here that can see your system, know what you know, etc. You have to tell us
> > > a story or we don't know what will help and what won't.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Shenan Stanley
> > > MS-MVP
> > > --
> > > How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
> > > http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

danny

Re: i get this error code number 8024200d it wont install how do
i get this error code number 8024200d when i install update service pack 1,it
wont install how do i solve

"Shenan Stanley" wrote:

> kirk wrote:
> > i get this error code number 8024200d it wont install how do i
> > solve

> Multiple posts - same question - just as vague. Check your latest one for
> questions you need to provide answers to. Remember - you are the only one
> here that can see your system, know what you know, etc. You have to tell us
> a story or we don't know what will help and what won't.
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

kktrnr7

RE: i get this error code number 8024200d it wont install how do i so
I'm having the same problem. All my updates installed without problems, but
this code is for a Vista update and each installation fails. I've tried
about 5 consecutive times without success!! What do I do now?

"kirk" wrote:

> i get this error code number 8024200d it wont install how do i solve

TaurArian

Re: i get this error code number 8024200d it wont install how do i so
Error Code 0x8024200D is:
SUS_E_UH_NEEDANOTHERDOWNLOAD
The installer requires more data to be downloaded

So perhaps you could tell us what updates you're trying to install?

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

"kktrnr7" <kktrnr7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| I'm having the same problem. All my updates installed without problems, but
| this code is for a Vista update and each installation fails. I've tried
| about 5 consecutive times without success!! What do I do now?
|
| "kirk" wrote:
|
| > i get this error code number 8024200d it wont install how do i solve

Empeorr886

Re: i get this error code number 8024200d it wont install how do
I have the same problem also, running Vista Ultimate x64. Worked fine on x86.
We are trying to install SP1, that's it, plain and simple.