Software Distribution Service 3.0

Jazz

Software Distribution Service 3.0
Hi Guys,
2 days back My Pc started freezing and wasn't allowing me to open the
internet explorer, when I went to system restore, I found something called
installed Windows XP wdf01005.
I used the system restore and every thing was fine, last night the same
problem happened again, but this time I found Software Distribution Service
3.0.

I think its interfering with my Nivada display card, because the whole pc
fonts have been changed, the brightness has been changed, and I can't even
stay on pc more than 15 minutes now, although I have changed my monitor

I tried system restore many time, but unfortunately every time it says
incomplete

Can any one help me with this? It's driving me crazy; I can't work on my pc
any more because of this

Please advice guys

Engel

RE: Software Distribution Service 3.0
Hello Jazz,

Have you tried doing a System Restore in Safe Mode (F8) to a point in time
before you started experiencing this problem.

Check back later, though. I,m sure more knowledgable people will be along
soon.

I hope this post is helpful.

Good luck
- -- ---

"Jazz" wrote:

> Hi Guys,
> 2 days back My Pc started freezing and wasn't allowing me to open the
> internet explorer, when I went to system restore, I found something called
> installed Windows XP wdf01005.
> I used the system restore and every thing was fine, last night the same
> problem happened again, but this time I found Software Distribution Service
> 3.0.
>
> I think its interfering with my Nivada display card, because the whole pc
> fonts have been changed, the brightness has been changed, and I can't even
> stay on pc more than 15 minutes now, although I have changed my monitor
>
> I tried system restore many time, but unfortunately every time it says
> incomplete
>
> Can any one help me with this? It's driving me crazy; I can't work on my pc
> any more because of this
>
> Please advice guys

Meg

RE: Software Distribution Service 3.0
This is the exact same issues we incurred. Save yourself time and grief. Need
to UNISTALL Service Pack 3 TOTALLY---DO NOT REINSTALL IT DO NOT ---- Go Back
to Service Pack 2 and stick with this one. Then you need to UNISTALL Windows
and Reinstall. This is the one and only way you will be able to clean up the
computer and have full use of it again. Believe US we found out about ALL of
this the Hard Way, with Four Verification to do this.
Hope I we were able to help you

"Jazz" wrote:

> Hi Guys,
> 2 days back My Pc started freezing and wasn't allowing me to open the
> internet explorer, when I went to system restore, I found something called
> installed Windows XP wdf01005.
> I used the system restore and every thing was fine, last night the same
> problem happened again, but this time I found Software Distribution Service
> 3.0.
>
> I think its interfering with my Nivada display card, because the whole pc
> fonts have been changed, the brightness has been changed, and I can't even
> stay on pc more than 15 minutes now, although I have changed my monitor
>
> I tried system restore many time, but unfortunately every time it says
> incomplete
>
> Can any one help me with this? It's driving me crazy; I can't work on my pc
> any more because of this
>
> Please advice guys

Harry Johnston [MVP]

Meg wrote:

> This is the exact same issues we incurred. Save yourself time and grief. Need
> to UNISTALL Service Pack 3 TOTALLY---DO NOT REINSTALL IT DO NOT ---- Go Back
> to Service Pack 2 and stick with this one. Then you need to UNISTALL Windows
> and Reinstall.

This doesn't make sense. What's the point of uninstalling service pack 3 if
you're then going to uninstall Windows?

Harry.

--
Boycott Beijing 2008 http://www.rsf.org/rubrique.php3?id_rubrique=174