Vista SP1

Shiroinohi

Vista SP1
Using a Toshiba Satellite A215, just installed the SP1 and my audio driver
now says "No Audio Output Device is installed."

Could someone please fix this? I'm going back to a system restore, but it's
quite annoying to have these obvious bugs in a service pack. I expect more
from Microsoft.

Re: Vista SP1
Did Windows Update offer Vista SP1 or did you choose to install it manually?

(if any)? Were any of these applications running when you installed SP1?
=============================
Unlimited installation and compatibility support for Vista SP1 is available
at no charge through 18 Mar-09
• US:

• CA:

• UK:

• AU:

• Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx | select Windows
Vista | select Windows Vista Service Pack 1
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Shiroinohi wrote:
> Using a Toshiba Satellite A215, just installed the SP1 and my audio driver
> now says "No Audio Output Device is installed."
>
> Could someone please fix this? I'm going back to a system restore, but
> it's
> quite annoying to have these obvious bugs in a service pack. I expect more
> from Microsoft.

Shiroinohi

Re: Vista SP1
I have it set up so that Windows Update asks me before it installs anything,
but it first told me to install the important update by placing the little
icon at the bottom of the screen.

I have AVG, Avast and Spybot running. No other firewall or security suites
were running at the time of the install, other than Defender.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Did Windows Update offer Vista SP1 or did you choose to install it manually?
>
> What anti-virus application or security suite is installed? What
> anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall
> (if any)? Were any of these applications running when you installed SP1?
> =============================
> Unlimited installation and compatibility support for Vista SP1 is available
> at no charge through 18 Mar-09
> • US:
>
> • CA:
>
> • UK:
>
> • AU:
>
> • Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx | select Windows
> Vista | select Windows Vista Service Pack 1
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>

> Shiroinohi wrote:
> > Using a Toshiba Satellite A215, just installed the SP1 and my audio driver
> > now says "No Audio Output Device is installed."
> >
> > Could someone please fix this? I'm going back to a system restore, but
> > it's
> > quite annoying to have these obvious bugs in a service pack. I expect more
> > from Microsoft.

Re: Vista SP1
You have two (2) anti-virus applications installed and loading at boot *and*
they were both running when you attempted to install SP1? No wonder the
install failed!

Uninstall either AVG or Avast via Add/Remove Programs & reboot.

Disable Spybot Tea Timer, if enabled. See
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=32409

Now try the installation again. If no joy, open a free support incident.

Shiroinohi wrote:
> I have it set up so that Windows Update asks me before it installs
> anything,
> but it first told me to install the important update by placing the little
> icon at the bottom of the screen.
>
> I have AVG, Avast and Spybot running. No other firewall or security suites
> were running at the time of the install, other than Defender.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Did Windows Update offer Vista SP1 or did you choose to install it
>> manually?
>>
>> What anti-virus application or security suite is installed? What
>> anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party
>> firewall
>> (if any)? Were any of these applications running when you installed SP1?
>> =============================
>> Unlimited installation and compatibility support for Vista SP1 is
>> available
>> at no charge through 18 Mar-09
>> • US:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=500921
>>
>> • CA:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=500921
>>
>> • UK:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=500921
>>
>> • AU:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=500921
>>
>> • Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx | select Windows
>> Vista | select Windows Vista Service Pack 1
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>

>> Shiroinohi wrote:
>>> Using a Toshiba Satellite A215, just installed the SP1 and my audio
>>> driver
>>> now says "No Audio Output Device is installed."
>>>
>>> Could someone please fix this? I'm going back to a system restore, but
>>> it's
>>> quite annoying to have these obvious bugs in a service pack. I expect
>>> more
>>> from Microsoft.