sp3

butler04

sp3
i put sp3 on my computer and had problems all my bars at the bottom keep
changing back to silver ilose all my tabs at top and can not use updates get
error code 8007041d i dont no wot to do this is my home computer and dont no
how to fix this can u please give me some advice
Engel

RE: sp3

Hello Butler,

0x8007041D
error when you visit the Windows Update Web site
<http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;902322>

For information on how to make a good newsgroup posting, read
<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375>

I hope that post is helpful.

Let us know how it works ºut.

Ǝиçεl
- -- ---

"butler04" wrote:

> i put sp3 on my computer and had problems all my bars at the bottom keep
> changing back to silver ilose all my tabs at top and can not use updates get
> error code 8007041d i dont no wot to do this is my home computer and dont no
> how to fix this can u please give me some advice

butler04

RE: sp3
hi
engel

thank for repliny to me buti have norton antvirus on my pc not
The Eset NOD32 antivirus program
i have looked to see and have read this one already with no joy ?
at the moment i went back to my display settings and re done this but all
when back to silver have got problems after sp3 download lost all conetions
as well and had to contact my isp to get it back if u have any other ideas
wold be good
thank
john
"Engel" wrote:

> Hello Butler,
>
> 0x8007041D
> error when you visit the Windows Update Web site
> <http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;902322>
>

> For information on how to make a good newsgroup posting, read
> <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375>
>
> <http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html>
>

> I hope that post is helpful.
>
> Let us know how it works ºut.
>
> Ǝиçεl
> - -- ---
>
> "butler04" wrote:
>
> > i put sp3 on my computer and had problems all my bars at the bottom keep
> > changing back to silver ilose all my tabs at top and can not use updates get
> > error code 8007041d i dont no wot to do this is my home computer and dont no
> > how to fix this can u please give me some advice

Re: sp3
Did you install SP3 via Windows Update or manually?

Are you running NAV or NIS or Norton 360? Is it a Norton 2008 application?
Were all Norton applications/modules enabled (running) when you installed
SP3?

FAQ: Upgrading to Windows XP Service Pack 3 or Windows Vista Service Pack 1
with your Norton 2008 product installed
http://solutions.symantec.com/sdccom...080530144453EN

Related:

http://windowssecrets.com/2008/05/29...Windows-XP-SP3
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=33522
http://norton.lithium.com/norton/boa...d=1624#M162 4
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953791

Steps to take before you install WinXP SP3
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950717

e-mail support is available only in the United States and Canada.

• US:

• CA:

• UK:

• AU:

• Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...spx?gprid=1173 | select
Windows XP | select Windows XP Service Pack 3
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

butler04 wrote:
> hi
> engel
>
> thank for repliny to me buti have norton antvirus on my pc not
> The Eset NOD32 antivirus program
> i have looked to see and have read this one already with no joy ?
> at the moment i went back to my display settings and re done this but all
> when back to silver have got problems after sp3 download lost all
> conetions
> as well and had to contact my isp to get it back if u have any other ideas
> wold be good
> thank
> john
> "Engel" wrote:
>

>> Hello Butler,
>>
>> 0x8007041D
>> error when you visit the Windows Update Web site
>> <http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;902322>
>>

>> For information on how to make a good newsgroup posting, read
>> <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375>
>>
>> <http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html>
>>

>> I hope that post is helpful.
>>
>> Let us know how it works ºut.
>>
>> Ǝиçεl
>> - -- ---
>>
>> "butler04" wrote:
>>
>>> i put sp3 on my computer and had problems all my bars at the bottom keep
>>> changing back to silver ilose all my tabs at top and can not use updates
>>> get error code 8007041d i dont no wot to do this is my home computer and
>>> dont no how to fix this can u please give me some advice

butler04

Re: sp3
i installed it with windows update and have got norton 2008 and all was
runing wen i did it just folled a link u gave me to norton and there is a
fixing tool there for sp3 just installed it & run it will let u no if this
works
thanks very much for youre help hope it works and will post back
THANKS
john

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Did you ainstall SP3 via Windows Upde or manually?
>
> Are you running NAV or NIS or Norton 360? Is it a Norton 2008 application?
> Were all Norton applications/modules enabled (running) when you installed
> SP3?
>
> FAQ: Upgrading to Windows XP Service Pack 3 or Windows Vista Service Pack 1
> with your Norton 2008 product installed
> http://solutions.symantec.com/sdccom...080530144453EN
>
> Related:
>
> http://windowssecrets.com/2008/05/29...Windows-XP-SP3
> http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=33522
> http://norton.lithium.com/norton/boa...d=1624#M162 4
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953791
>
> WinXP SP3 - Read all prerequisites for a successful installation
>
> Steps to take before you install WinXP SP3
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950717

> Windows XP, but only for Service Pack 3 (SP3), until 14 Apr-09. Chat and
> e-mail support is available only in the United States and Canada.
>
> • US:
>
> • CA:
>
> • UK:
>
> • AU:
>
> • Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...spx?gprid=1173 | select
> Windows XP | select Windows XP Service Pack 3
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>

> butler04 wrote:
> > hi
> > engel
> >
> > thank for repliny to me buti have norton antvirus on my pc not
> > The Eset NOD32 antivirus program
> > i have looked to see and have read this one already with no joy ?
> > at the moment i went back to my display settings and re done this but all
> > when back to silver have got problems after sp3 download lost all
> > conetions
> > as well and had to contact my isp to get it back if u have any other ideas
> > wold be good
> > thank
> > john
> > "Engel" wrote:
> >

> >> Hello Butler,
> >>
> >> 0x8007041D
> >> error when you visit the Windows Update Web site
> >> <http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;902322>
> >>

> >> For information on how to make a good newsgroup posting, read
> >> <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375>
> >>
> >> <http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html>
> >>

> >> I hope that post is helpful.
> >>
> >> Let us know how it works ºut.
> >>
> >> Ǝиçεl
> >> - -- ---

butler04

Re: sp3
just tryed updates still no joy will have to look at some of the other links
u gave me
thanks

"butler04" wrote:

> i installed it with windows update and have got norton 2008 and all was
> runing wen i did it just folled a link u gave me to norton and there is a
> fixing tool there for sp3 just installed it & run it will let u no if this
> works
> thanks very much for youre help hope it works and will post back
> THANKS
> john
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Did you ainstall SP3 via Windows Upde or manually?
> >
> > Are you running NAV or NIS or Norton 360? Is it a Norton 2008 application?
> > Were all Norton applications/modules enabled (running) when you installed
> > SP3?
> >
> > FAQ: Upgrading to Windows XP Service Pack 3 or Windows Vista Service Pack 1
> > with your Norton 2008 product installed
> > http://solutions.symantec.com/sdccom...080530144453EN
> >
> > Related:
> >
> > http://windowssecrets.com/2008/05/29...Windows-XP-SP3
> > http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=33522
> > http://norton.lithium.com/norton/boa...d=1624#M162 4
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953791
> >
> > WinXP SP3 - Read all prerequisites for a successful installation
> > http://msmvps.com/blogs/harrywaldron...tallation.aspx
> >
> > Steps to take before you install WinXP SP3
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950717
> >
> > Free unlimited installation and compatibility support is available for
> > Windows XP, but only for Service Pack 3 (SP3), until 14 Apr-09. Chat and
> > e-mail support is available only in the United States and Canada.
> >
> > • US:
> > http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...3&gprid=522131
> >
> > • CA:
> > http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...3&gprid=522131
> >
> > • UK:
> > http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...3&gprid=522131
> >
> > • AU:
> > http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...3&gprid=522131
> >
> > • Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...spx?gprid=1173 | select
> > Windows XP | select Windows XP Service Pack 3
> > --
> > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> > MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
> > AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> > DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
> >

> > butler04 wrote:
> > > hi
> > > engel
> > >
> > > thank for repliny to me buti have norton antvirus on my pc not
> > > The Eset NOD32 antivirus program
> > > i have looked to see and have read this one already with no joy ?
> > > at the moment i went back to my display settings and re done this but all
> > > when back to silver have got problems after sp3 download lost all
> > > conetions
> > > as well and had to contact my isp to get it back if u have any other ideas
> > > wold be good
> > > thank
> > > john

Re: sp3
Open a free support incident with Microsoft.

butler04 wrote:
> just tryed updates still no joy will have to look at some of the other
> links
> u gave me
> thanks
>
> "butler04" wrote:
>
>> i installed it with windows update and have got norton 2008 and all was
>> runing wen i did it just folled a link u gave me to norton and there is a
>> fixing tool there for sp3 just installed it & run it will let u no if
>> this
>> works
>> thanks very much for youre help hope it works and will post back
>> THANKS
>> john
>>
>> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>>
>>> Did you ainstall SP3 via Windows Upde or manually?
>>>
>>> Are you running NAV or NIS or Norton 360? Is it a Norton 2008
>>> application? Were all Norton applications/modules enabled (running) when
>>> you installed SP3?
>>>
>>> FAQ: Upgrading to Windows XP Service Pack 3 or Windows Vista Service
>>> Pack
>>> 1 with your Norton 2008 product installed
>>> http://solutions.symantec.com/sdccom...080530144453EN
>>>
>>> Related:
>>>
>>> http://windowssecrets.com/2008/05/29...Windows-XP-SP3
>>> http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=33522
>>> http://norton.lithium.com/norton/boa...d=1624#M162 4
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953791
>>>
>>> WinXP SP3 - Read all prerequisites for a successful installation
>>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/harrywaldron...tallation.aspx
>>>
>>> Steps to take before you install WinXP SP3
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950717
>>>
>>> Free unlimited installation and compatibility support is available for
>>> Windows XP, but only for Service Pack 3 (SP3), until 14 Apr-09. Chat and
>>> e-mail support is available only in the United States and Canada.
>>>
>>> • US:
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...3&gprid=522131
>>>
>>> • CA:
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...3&gprid=522131
>>>
>>> • UK:
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...3&gprid=522131
>>>
>>> • AU:
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...3&gprid=522131
>>>
>>> • Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...spx?gprid=1173 |
>>> select
>>> Windows XP | select Windows XP Service Pack 3
>>> --
>>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

butler04

Re: sp3
how do i do that just going to bed will do this tomorrow thanks john

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Open a free support incident with Microsoft.
>
> butler04 wrote:
> > just tryed updates still no joy will have to look at some of the other
> > links
> > u gave me
> > thanks
> >
> > "butler04" wrote:
> >
> >> i installed it with windows update and have got norton 2008 and all was
> >> runing wen i did it just folled a link u gave me to norton and there is a
> >> fixing tool there for sp3 just installed it & run it will let u no if
> >> this
> >> works
> >> thanks very much for youre help hope it works and will post back
> >> THANKS
> >> john

butler04

Re: sp3
hae opend a suport with you but still no joy have tryed dial a fix and still
have problems have no sound from the internet now but pc sound ok have half
claic and half xp theams as well i wish i never downloaded sp3 its driving me
mad

thank you for youre help
john

"butler04" wrote:

> how do i do that just going to bed will do this tomorrow thanks john
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Open a free support incident with Microsoft.
> >
> > butler04 wrote:
> > > just tryed updates still no joy will have to look at some of the other
> > > links
> > > u gave me
> > > thanks

Re: sp3
Have you gotten a reply from MS?

NB: With very few exceptions, no one here, including MVPs, represents or is
employeed by MS.