"Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP(KB950759)" installation fails on XP Pro SP3.

ReadyFreddie

"Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP(KB950759)" installation fails on XP Pro SP3.
Unable to even download this update using the MS auto-updater (let
alone install it!). And, manually finding and saving the WindowsXP-
KB950759-x86-ENU.exe file and then trying to run it results in "The
version of internet explorer you have installed does not match the
update you are trying to install". WTF version of Internet Explorer 7
should I have installed, pray tell MS you hosebags?

Any and all assistance in resolving this issue will be
appreciated. ...I shouldn't have installed SP3, should I have?
JuanLopezamorvarel@hotmail.com

RE: "Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP

"ReadyFreddie" wrote:

> Unable to even download this update using the MS auto-updater (let
> alone install it!). And, manually finding and saving the WindowsXP-
> KB950759-x86-ENU.exe file and then trying to run it results in "The
> version of internet explorer you have installed does not match the
> update you are trying to install". WTF version of Internet Explorer 7
> should I have installed, pray tell MS you hosebags?
>
> Any and all assistance in resolving this issue will be
> appreciated. ...I shouldn't have installed SP3, should I have?

Re: "Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP (KB950759)" installation fails on XP Pro SP3.
Did you install IE7 before or after you installed SP3?

Did you install SP3 via Windows Update or manually? If the latter, was it
the final release of SP3 or a beta build?

(if any)? Were any of these applications running when you installed SP3?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

On 11 Jun, 21:27, "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABear...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Did you install IE7 before or after you installed SP3?
>
> Did you install SP3 via Windows Update or manually? If the latter, was it
> the final release of SP3 or a beta build?
>
> What anti-virus application or security suite is installed? What
> anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall
> (if any)? Were any of these applications running when you installed SP3?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Adminhttp://aumha.net
> DTS-Lhttp://dts-l.net/
>
> ReadyFreddie wrote:
> > Unable to even download this update using the MS auto-updater (let
> > alone install it!). And, manually finding and saving the WindowsXP-
> > KB950759-x86-ENU.exe file and then trying to run it results in "The
> > version of internet explorer you have installed does not match the
> > update you are trying to install". WTF version of Internet Explorer 7
> > should I have installed, pray tell MS you hosebags?

> > Any and all assistance in resolving this issue will be
> > appreciated. ...I shouldn't have installed SP3, should I have?

SP3 installed via Windows Update; IE7 installed since Moses was in
short pants; firewall, anti-virus software, and even Windows XP SP2
active when SP3 installed - WTF kinda outfit you running here!? If
these things were to have been disabled, wouldn't you think the Micro-
Soft****s would have said so? Anyway, I have managed to install
KB950679 on 2 out of my 3 PC's (all with similar configurations) since
I posted this thing (being a long suffering MS customer, I don't give
up easily! However, I may give up on you *******s soon.).

ReadyFreddie wrote:
> On 11 Jun, 21:27, "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABear...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Did you install IE7 before or after you installed SP3?
>>
>> Did you install SP3 via Windows Update or manually? If the latter, was
>> it
>> the final release of SP3 or a beta build?
>>
>> What anti-virus application or security suite is installed? What
>> anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party
>> firewall
>> (if any)? Were any of these applications running when you installed SP3?
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Adminhttp://aumha.net
>> DTS-Lhttp://dts-l.net/
>>
>> ReadyFreddie wrote:
>>> Unable to even download this update using the MS auto-updater (let
>>> alone install it!). And, manually finding and saving the WindowsXP-
>>> KB950759-x86-ENU.exe file and then trying to run it results in "The
>>> version of internet explorer you have installed does not match the
>>> update you are trying to install". WTF version of Internet Explorer 7
>>> should I have installed, pray tell MS you hosebags?

>>> Any and all assistance in resolving this issue will be
>>> appreciated. ...I shouldn't have installed SP3, should I have?

> SP3 installed via Windows Update; IE7 installed since Moses was in
> short pants; firewall, anti-virus software, and even Windows XP SP2
> active when SP3 installed - WTF kinda outfit you running here!? If
> these things were to have been disabled, wouldn't you think the Micro-
> Soft****s would have said so? Anyway, I have managed to install
> KB950679 on 2 out of my 3 PC's (all with similar configurations) since
> I posted this thing (being a long suffering MS customer, I don't give
> up easily! However, I may give up on you *******s soon.).

We're ALL volunteers here. No one represented Microsoft, including MVPs.

<plonk>

pej7445

'PA Bear [MS MVP Wrote:
> ;3796823']ReadyFreddie wrote:
> > On 11 Jun, 21:27, "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABear...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Did you install IE7 before or after you installed SP3?
> >>
> >> Did you install SP3 via Windows Update or manually? If the latter,

> was
> >> it
> >> the final release of SP3 or a beta build?
> >>
> >> What anti-virus application or security suite is installed? What
> >> anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party
> >> firewall
> >> (if any)? Were any of these applications running when you installed

> SP3?
> >> --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> >> AumHa VSOP & Adminhttp://aumha.net
> >> DTS-Lhttp://dts-l.net/

> WindowsXP-

> "The

> Explorer 7

> > SP3 installed via Windows Update; IE7 installed since Moses was in
> > short pants; firewall, anti-virus software, and even Windows XP SP2
> > active when SP3 installed - WTF kinda outfit you running here!? If
> > these things were to have been disabled, wouldn't you think the

> Micro-
> > Soft****s would have said so? Anyway, I have managed to install
> > KB950679 on 2 out of my 3 PC's (all with similar configurations)

> since
> > I posted this thing (being a long suffering MS customer, I don't

> give
> > up easily! However, I may give up on you *******s soon.).

> We're ALL volunteers here. No one represented Microsoft, including
> MVPs.
>
> <plonk>

I see that our friend thought you worked for MSFT - I have the same
issue, SP3 auto installed via WU and then after that WU prompted me to
install Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7. I'm running
AVG Free 8.xx Anti-Virus on Win XP (Tablet Edition)..

Any idea how I can fix this issue? On a side note, other "optional
updates" are unable to install too.

Thanks in advance!

PJ

--
pej7445
pej7445's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?u=51982

http://forums.techarena.in

Re: "Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP(KB950759)" installation fails on XP Pro SP3.
Please begin a new thread about your issues, PJ. Thanks.

=======================

Support for Windows Update:

to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB950759).

If your problem relates to a Cumulative Security Update for IE, call the
above number and ask to be transferred to the Consumer IE7 queue (which is
47830).
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.net

pej7445 wrote:
<snip>
> I see that our friend thought you worked for MSFT - I have the same
> issue, SP3 auto installed via WU and then after that WU prompted me to
> install Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7. I'm running
> AVG Free 8.xx Anti-Virus on Win XP (Tablet Edition)..
>
> Any idea how I can fix this issue? On a side note, other "optional
> updates" are unable to install too.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> PJ

chilominati

Re: "Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP(KB950759)" installation fails on XP Pro SP3.

i fixed mine by downloading IE7 from yahoo.com
1-disable window automatic updates
2- www.yahoo.com , click on downloads , click on Internet explorer 7