Windows Updater has locked me out of my computer.

willr

Windows Updater has locked me out of my computer.
Okay I may have accidentally shut windows down during one of the update
things, now whenever I try to start the computer up, it goes to a screen that
says installing update 3 of 3 0% complete...

after about half a minute, it then says shutting down, upon which it shuts
down, then restarts. The problem is that when it restarts it just goes back
to the "installing update 3 of 3.." screen.

I've tried loading up in safe mode, and by using the windows disk, but no
luck so far.
Engel

RE: Windows Updater has locked me out of my computer.
Hello willr,

The update is not installed successfully, you receive a message, and the
computer restarts when you try to install an update in Windows Vista

<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949358>

I hope that post is helpful.

Let us know how it works ºut.

Ǝиçεl
- -- ---

"willr" wrote:

> Okay I may have accidentally shut windows down during one of the update
> things, now whenever I try to start the computer up, it goes to a screen that
> says installing update 3 of 3 0% complete...
>
> after about half a minute, it then says shutting down, upon which it shuts
> down, then restarts. The problem is that when it restarts it just goes back
> to the "installing update 3 of 3.." screen.
>
> I've tried loading up in safe mode, and by using the windows disk, but no
> luck so far.

willr

RE: Windows Updater has locked me out of my computer.
thankyou so much this fixed it.

"Engel" wrote:

> Hello willr,
>

> The update is not installed successfully, you receive a message, and the
> computer restarts when you try to install an update in Windows Vista
>
> <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949358>
>

> I hope that post is helpful.
>
> Let us know how it works ºut.
>
> Ǝиçεl
> - -- ---
>

> "willr" wrote:
>
> > Okay I may have accidentally shut windows down during one of the update
> > things, now whenever I try to start the computer up, it goes to a screen that
> > says installing update 3 of 3 0% complete...
> >
> > after about half a minute, it then says shutting down, upon which it shuts
> > down, then restarts. The problem is that when it restarts it just goes back
> > to the "installing update 3 of 3.." screen.
> >
> > I've tried loading up in safe mode, and by using the windows disk, but no
> > luck so far.

Engel

RE: Windows Updater has locked me out of my computer.
Hi willr,

You're welcome, glad to have been of service and thanks for posting bªck.

-- -- ---