Restoring address bar to task bar as an option

Jeffrey W. Bowen

Restoring address bar to task bar as an option
I just installed SP3 on my computer running Windows XP Home Edition SP2.
When I restarted, I found that I could no longer put the address bar on the
task bar.

KB951448 explains that:

This behavior is by design.

The Address toolbar has been removed from the taskbar in Windows XP SP3 in
response to an issue that was raised by a regulatory agency.

What I want to know is, is there a registry fix that can restore this
option?

Jeff Bowen
jeffbow@hotpop.com
formerly known as Sky Captain

TaurArian

RE: Restoring address bar to task bar as an option
There's always a hack - try at your own risk
http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...ows+xp& meta=

BTW - this is Windows update newsgroup.

--

--------------------------------
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008

"Jeffrey W. Bowen" wrote:

> I just installed SP3 on my computer running Windows XP Home Edition SP2.
> When I restarted, I found that I could no longer put the address bar on the
> task bar.
>
> KB951448 explains that:
>
> This behavior is by design.
>
> The Address toolbar has been removed from the taskbar in Windows XP SP3 in
> response to an issue that was raised by a regulatory agency.
>
> What I want to know is, is there a registry fix that can restore this
> option?
>
> Jeff Bowen
> jeffbow@hotpop.com
> formerly known as Sky Captain

Re: Restoring address bar to task bar as an option
Got Google?
http://www.google.com/search?q=addre...e=utf8&oe=utf8
--
WinXP-specific newsgroup:

Jeffrey W. Bowen wrote:
> I just installed SP3 on my computer running Windows XP Home Edition SP2.
> When I restarted, I found that I could no longer put the address bar on
> the
> task bar.
>
> KB951448 explains that:
>
> This behavior is by design.
>
> The Address toolbar has been removed from the taskbar in Windows XP SP3 in
> response to an issue that was raised by a regulatory agency.
>
> What I want to know is, is there a registry fix that can restore this
> option?

Jeffrey W. Bowen

Re: Restoring address bar to task bar as an option
Thanks for the info guys.

I apologize if I posted to the wrong group.

I just thought it would be logical to post to the update group since most
people who recently updated might go to this newsgroup first for a solution.

Anyway, I appreciate the assist.

Peace,

Jeffrey Bowen

"Jeffrey W. Bowen" <jwaynebo@hotpop.com> wrote in message
>I just installed SP3 on my computer running Windows XP Home Edition SP2.
>When I restarted, I found that I could no longer put the address bar on the
>task bar.
>
> KB951448 explains that:
>
> This behavior is by design.
>
> The Address toolbar has been removed from the taskbar in Windows XP SP3 in
> response to an issue that was raised by a regulatory agency.
>
> What I want to know is, is there a registry fix that can restore this
> option?
>
> Jeff Bowen
> jeffbow@hotpop.com
> formerly known as Sky Captain

mae

Re: Restoring address bar to task bar as an option
I got this from an old post. Works just as before.

["niver" <niver.38uaai@no.email.invalid> wrote in message
We wrote a minimalist shell toolbar which 'hosts' the pre-sp3 address
bar and allows it to be added to the taskbar. No reimplementation, the
exact same behavior as before SP3.

http://www.niversoft.com/downloads/x...addressbar.zip

Currently there's no installer, please follow simple instructions in
install.txt

Software provided AS IS. Has been verified for viruses, but you should
always double-verify anything you download anyway.]

mae