Can't see service pack 1 in windows update (Vista)

sebasbri

Can't see service pack 1 in windows update (Vista)
I've been trying to figure out why windows update won't show service pack 1,
and I can't figure it out. Other than this :
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=948343#top

Is there anything else that I should check? Cause I've been going over that
webpage all day, and it still doesn't work!!!! Getting really frustrated.

Thanks for any help.

Re: Can't see service pack 1 in windows update (Vista)
Does anything in KB948343 pertain to the machine?

Have you tried running?...

System Update Readiness Tool [FKA CheckSUR tool] for Windows Vista:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821
====================
I would NOT attempt to install SP1 manually unless and until it's offered by
Windows Update.
====================
How to obtain the latest Windows Vista service pack
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935791

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 - Things to Know Before You Download:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/w.../bb968859.aspx

Windows Vista Help: Learn how to install Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1):
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/win...6f2021033.mspx
=====================
Unlimited installation and compatibility support for Vista SP1 is available
at no charge through 18 Mar-09
• US:

• CA:

• UK:

• AU:

• Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx | select Windows
Vista | select Windows Vista Service Pack 1
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

sebasbri wrote:
> I've been trying to figure out why windows update won't show service pack
> 1,
> and I can't figure it out. Other than this :
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=948343#top
>
> Is there anything else that I should check? Cause I've been going over
> that
> webpage all day, and it still doesn't work!!!! Getting really frustrated.
>
> Thanks for any help.

sebasbri

Re: Can't see service pack 1 in windows update (Vista)
Except for the drivers, I can't see what else could apply to my computer.
I've gone through most of the important drivers on my computer today, and
everything seems to be up to date.

I just installed the System Update Readiness Tool... SP1 is still not
showing up.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Does anything in KB948343 pertain to the machine?
>
> Have you tried running?...
>
> System Update Readiness Tool [FKA CheckSUR tool] for Windows Vista:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821
> ====================
> I would NOT attempt to install SP1 manually unless and until it's offered by
> Windows Update.
> ====================
> How to obtain the latest Windows Vista service pack
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935791
>
> Windows Vista Service Pack 1 - Things to Know Before You Download:
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/w.../bb968859.aspx
>
> Windows Vista Help: Learn how to install Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1):
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/win...6f2021033.mspx
> =====================
> Unlimited installation and compatibility support for Vista SP1 is available
> at no charge through 18 Mar-09
> • US:
>
> • CA:
>
> • UK:
>
> • AU:
>
> • Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx | select Windows
> Vista | select Windows Vista Service Pack 1
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> sebasbri wrote:
> > I've been trying to figure out why windows update won't show service pack
> > 1,
> > and I can't figure it out. Other than this :
> > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=948343#top
> >
> > Is there anything else that I should check? Cause I've been going over
> > that
> > webpage all day, and it still doesn't work!!!! Getting really frustrated.
> >
> > Thanks for any help.

Re: Can't see service pack 1 in windows update (Vista)
Then I recommend opening a free support incident. Best of luck!