RE: Errorcode translation?

Window of Vista

RE: Errorcode translation?

"The Viking" wrote:

> Hello.
> It would be nice if anyone coukd please tell me what this errorcode means.
> WindowsUpdate_8024200D WindowsUpdate_dt000
>
> I get this every time I try to install KB938979
>
> I get the same message when trying to install KB947562. Any ideas?

Pegaze

RE: Errorcode translation?
Hello this error code says "WU_E_UH_NEEDANOTHERDOWNLOAD" so The update
handler did not install the update because it needs to be downloaded again.
see u soon,
Pegaze

"Window of Vista" wrote:

> "The Viking" wrote:
>
> > Hello.
> > It would be nice if anyone coukd please tell me what this errorcode means.
> > WindowsUpdate_8024200D WindowsUpdate_dt000
> >
> > I get this every time I try to install KB938979
> >
> > I get the same message when trying to install KB947562. Any ideas?

mgwebb

RE: Errorcode translation?
Sorry, but this response is not helpful. I've tried to download KB947562 at
least two dozen times without success. I've turned off my firewall and
antivirus. I've done a restart of the computer to clear unneeded processes.
The update is recommended, but so far I haven't found out the secret of how
to download and install it.
--
Gary Webb

"Pegaze" wrote:

> Hello this error code says "WU_E_UH_NEEDANOTHERDOWNLOAD" so The update
> handler did not install the update because it needs to be downloaded again.
> see u soon,
> Pegaze
>

> "Window of Vista" wrote:
>

> > "The Viking" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello.
> > > It would be nice if anyone coukd please tell me what this errorcode means.
> > > WindowsUpdate_8024200D WindowsUpdate_dt000
> > >
> > > I get this every time I try to install KB938979
> > >
> > > I get the same message when trying to install KB947562. Any ideas?

TaurArian

Re: Errorcode translation?
So you've downloaded KB947562 at least two dozen times from
and still no success.
So the manual installation did not work for you.

Perhaps rather than using an old thread so to speak, perhaps you could have started your
own thread and given some details of what you have actually tried and also it would have
been nice to mention your OS. I have assumed Vista in this case due to the KB article.

Error Code 0x8024200D is:
SUS_E_UH_NEEDANOTHERDOWNLOAD
The installer requires more data to be downloaded

Usually manually downloading and installing the problem update fixes the problem. It
hasn't in your case so suggest your start a free Windows Update support incident request:

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org
======================================

"mgwebb" <mgwebb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Sorry, but this response is not helpful. I've tried to download KB947562 at
| least two dozen times without success. I've turned off my firewall and
| antivirus. I've done a restart of the computer to clear unneeded processes.
| The update is recommended, but so far I haven't found out the secret of how
| to download and install it.
| --
| Gary Webb
|

| "Pegaze" wrote:
|
| > Hello this error code says "WU_E_UH_NEEDANOTHERDOWNLOAD" so The update
| > handler did not install the update because it needs to be downloaded again.
| > see u soon,
| > Pegaze

mgwebb

Re: Errorcode translation?
Actually, I did start one and got an almost immediate solution. Thanks for
your response.
--
Gary Webb