Windows Update not active

David

Windows Update not active
Hi,
first sorry for my bad english.

I have some trouble with windows Update. The Windows Update service is alway
deactivated. If I start the service manualy, the service stops from self
abter one sec.
The Start up mode is "deactivated". if is set it to "automatic" it is after
e few monetnt "deactivated" by it self.

I tiried to start it at "Services" and in the "Security Center".

I hope, you understand my bad english.
TaurArian

Re: Windows Update not active
Note: That it is possible the computer has been infected with malware "Vundo"
http://www.microsoft.com/security/po...=Win32%2fVundo

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

| Hi,
| first sorry for my bad english.
|
| I have some trouble with windows Update. The Windows Update service is alway
| deactivated. If I start the service manualy, the service stops from self
| abter one sec.
| The Start up mode is "deactivated". if is set it to "automatic" it is after
| e few monetnt "deactivated" by it self.
|
| I tiried to start it at "Services" and in the "Security Center".
|
| I hope, you understand my bad english.

David

Re: Windows Update not active
Thanks for the Fast answer.

I testes ma system with AdAware. There is no malware on my PC.

In your link are some infos for reg entries from "Vundo" and de 1st and 2nd
are non on my system.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\aldd
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SysUpd

For the oters I havn´t searched.

Is there any Freeware tool to find Vundo if its on my PC. Normaly AdAware
had to find it?
David

Re: Windows Update not active
I didn´t found an EDIT button.

I found a tool named "undofix.exe" bis it found nothing.
David

Re: Windows Update not active
There is a new error message if I try to start the service.

I try to translate it:

___
The service "Windows Update"on "Local Machine" could not start.

Error 1058: The service could not start because its deaktivatet or not
connectet with active devices.
___

Thats a strange problem. I never seen it before.

Engel

Re: Windows Update not active
Hello David,

Donload and Install SuperAntiSpyware (Free)
<http://www.superantispyware.com/superantispywarefreevspro.html>

Scan Your Computer With the F-Secure Online Scanner
http://support.f-secure.com/enu/home/olsbeta.shtml

- - ---
http://wiki.castlecops.com/Malware_R...tion:_Overview
-- - - -

Good luck
- -- ---

"David" wrote:

> There is a new error message if I try to start the service.
>
> I try to translate it:
>
> ___
> The service "Windows Update"on "Local Machine" could not start.
>
> Error 1058: The service could not start because its deaktivatet or not
> connectet with active devices.
> ___
>
> Thats a strange problem. I never seen it before.

David

Re: Windows Update not active
Thanks for the Linkts.
The tests are running.

But I Tinkk it isnt any MaleWare. The erroe mesagage says, there is a other
error?
My

"David" wrote:

> Hi,
> first sorry for my bad english.
>
> I have some trouble with windows Update. The Windows Update service is alway
> deactivated. If I start the service manualy, the service stops from self
> abter one sec.
> The Start up mode is "deactivated". if is set it to "automatic" it is after
> e few monetnt "deactivated" by it self.
>
> I tiried to start it at "Services" and in the "Security Center".
>
> I hope, you understand my bad english.

David

RE: Windows Update not active
cooooool

windows update is working.

SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition found some "Vundos".
SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition is an awsome programm.
Windows defender found nothing, adaware found nothing, antivir found nothing.

It seems SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition isn´t very famously in germany.
I never heard from it. And I know many programms and tricks on the pc. I
googled fpr the programm and only found a few german pages about the progg.

This is a pity.
Engel

RE: Windows Update not active
Hi David,

Also I would suggest running a HijackThis to ensure that Vundo did not bring
along any uninvited guests. (SDBot and ZLOB, all protected by a rootkit.)
- -- ---