After SP3 install...

47

After SP3 install...
Hello all , i wonder if anyone can help me , after the sp3 install on Win xp
home , i always get the recycle bin at the bottom right corner after
restarting , but when i click refresh it goes back to the top left???

Also some windows only open in small ,but when you drag them to max and
then restart again they go back to small again???

Any ideas

Many thanks ..
Shenan Stanley

Re: After SP3 install...
47 wrote:
> Hello all , i wonder if anyone can help me , after the sp3 install
> on Win xp home , i always get the recycle bin at the bottom right
> corner after restarting , but when i click refresh it goes back to
> the top left???
>
> Also some windows only open in small ,but when you drag them to max
> and then restart again they go back to small again???
>
> Any ideas

Visit the hardware manufacturer's web page for your video card (likely ATI,
Intel or Nvidia) and download the latest driver for the particulat model of
video card you have. Install that video card driver and adjust your screen
resolution and color settings in accordance with the options available via
your new driver and additional software.

Unsure what your video/display adapter is? Download and install Belarc
advisor and let iot run on your system. It will list that and *much* more
about your system. So much, in fact - I suggest you print out the results
and keep it in a safe place along with your installation media and other
backups.

Search using Google!
http://www.google.com/
(How-to: http://www.google.com/intl/en/help/basics.html )

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

47

Re: After SP3 install...
Done all the simple things before asking any questions on here , like
adjusting the screen etc , i have a Nvidia gforce 7600 but it was ok untill
the processor started rebooting constantly after sp3 and then installing the
patch to cure it

I think i may have to wipe it all off and start again

Thanks for you help though

cheers.