Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2

nmb193

Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2
I run Microsoft Vista on my computer. I constantly have a reminder to update
in Windows Update for the same file...Security Update for Microsoft XML Core
Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB936181). I click to install it, it runs and
acts as if it installs but then minutes later I have another reminder to
install the same update. I have tried to use the command function and delete
the file to no avail. Any more ideas/suggestions?
Engel

RE: Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2
Hello nmb,

Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2
(KB936181) may repeatedly appear in the update list on Microsoft Update or on
Windows Update

This issue may occur if one of the system files is corrupted or if it has
not been updated correctly.
Source:
<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941729>

You may be repeatedly offered this update.

Different versions of MSXML are included with various Microsoft products,
such as Windows, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Office, and Microsoft SQL
Server, and some third-party products. You may be offered this update again
if you install a new product or if you update a product that includes a
different version of MSXML than the one that you already have.
Source:
<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936181>

I hope this post is helpful.

Let us know how it works ºut.

Еиçеl
- -- ---

"nmb193" wrote:

> I run Microsoft Vista on my computer. I constantly have a reminder to update
> in Windows Update for the same file...Security Update for Microsoft XML Core
> Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB936181). I click to install it, it runs and
> acts as if it installs but then minutes later I have another reminder to
> install the same update. I have tried to use the command function and delete
> the file to no avail. Any more ideas/suggestions?

nmb193

RE: Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pa
Whenever I try to run that command in the command promt, it tells me Access
is denied.

"Engel" wrote:

> Hello nmb,
>

> Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2
> (KB936181) may repeatedly appear in the update list on Microsoft Update or on
> Windows Update
>
> This issue may occur if one of the system files is corrupted or if it has
> not been updated correctly.
> Source:
> <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941729>
>

> You may be repeatedly offered this update.
>
> Different versions of MSXML are included with various Microsoft products,
> such as Windows, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Office, and Microsoft SQL
> Server, and some third-party products. You may be offered this update again
> if you install a new product or if you update a product that includes a
> different version of MSXML than the one that you already have.
> Source:
> <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936181>
>

> I hope this post is helpful.
>
> Let us know how it works ºut.
>
> Еиçеl
> - -- ---
>

> "nmb193" wrote:
>
> > I run Microsoft Vista on my computer. I constantly have a reminder to update
> > in Windows Update for the same file...Security Update for Microsoft XML Core
> > Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB936181). I click to install it, it runs and
> > acts as if it installs but then minutes later I have another reminder to
> > install the same update. I have tried to use the command function and delete
> > the file to no avail. Any more ideas/suggestions?

Engel

RE: Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pa
Restart in safe mode and try to run that command.
- -- ---

"nmb193" wrote:

> Whenever I try to run that command in the command promt, it tells me Access
> is denied.
>
> "Engel" wrote:
>
> > Hello nmb,
> >

> > Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2
> > (KB936181) may repeatedly appear in the update list on Microsoft Update or on
> > Windows Update
> >
> > This issue may occur if one of the system files is corrupted or if it has
> > not been updated correctly.
> > Source:
> > <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941729>
> >

> > You may be repeatedly offered this update.
> >
> > Different versions of MSXML are included with various Microsoft products,
> > such as Windows, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Office, and Microsoft SQL
> > Server, and some third-party products. You may be offered this update again
> > if you install a new product or if you update a product that includes a
> > different version of MSXML than the one that you already have.
> > Source:
> > <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936181>
> >

> > I hope this post is helpful.
> >
> > Let us know how it works ºut.
> >
> > Еиçеl
> > - -- ---
> >

> > "nmb193" wrote:
> >
> > > I run Microsoft Vista on my computer. I constantly have a reminder to update
> > > in Windows Update for the same file...Security Update for Microsoft XML Core
> > > Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB936181). I click to install it, it runs and
> > > acts as if it installs but then minutes later I have another reminder to
> > > install the same update. I have tried to use the command function and delete
> > > the file to no avail. Any more ideas/suggestions?

nmb193

RE: Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pa
I did that and it seemed to work. Now whenever I try to install the new file
from the website, I get an error message. It is from Windows Installer and
states "Error opening installation log file. Verify that the specified log
file location exsists and is writable." It only has an ok button to click.
Any suggestions on where to go now?