Never has worked automatically

DW

Never has worked automatically
Never have gotten a single auto update. Have checked everything including to
see if my firewall was blocking it. Help

Not happy with Vista at all
Shenan Stanley

Re: Never has worked automatically
DW wrote:
> Never have gotten a single auto update. Have checked everything
> including to see if my firewall was blocking it. Help
>
> Not happy with Vista at all

Okay - but you are going to have to share some information.

You barely shared you had Windows Vista (at the very end - and not even in
reference to "this is my problem, this is what I have, this is what I have
tried, this is what happens..." - but as an aside. Remember - only you can
see your computer when you are posting on these newsgroups. Those
volunteering their free time/knowledge to help do not know you or your
system nor can they see through your eyes nor read your mind. ;-)

So - along those lines - help the people here help you...

- What is the Make/Model of this computer?
- When did you get the computer?
- What version of Windows Vista do you have? (Does it have SP1?) ('winver'
command)
- What have you tried (step-by-step explanation) to do to remedy your issue?
- What type of Internet connection do you have?
- If you receive some error - what error is it?
- Does your "c:\windows\windowsupdate.log" file contain any information near
the bottom that might help (no more than the last 50 lines or so after you
manually attemot to get updates should be copy/pasted anywhere...)?

So your settings were checked using this?
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...7a8171033.mspx

Have you been here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836941
.... and used the guided help?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

DW

Re: Never has worked automatically
Sorry, I have a Fujitsu Lifebook that came with Windows Vista. I set up the
Windows update to check everyday at 9am. The error always says can't check
for updates. Included is 26 results for WindowsUpdate_80070490
WindowsUpdate_dt000 such as:
Windows Update error 8024402C
2. 2 Windows Update error 800f020b
3. 3 Troubleshoot problems with installing updates
4. 4 Windows Update error 80070002
5. 5 Windows Update error 80070003
6. 6 Windows Update error 80070643
7. 7 Windows Update error 80072efd
8. 8 Windows Update error 80072f8f
9. 9 Windows Update error 80070103
10. 10 Windows Update error 80072ee2
11. 11 Windows Update error 8024001

I have checked to see if my Firewall or anti-virus might have been blocking
the site and they are fine to allow Windows Update. Hope this helps a bit

"Shenan Stanley" wrote:

> DW wrote:
> > Never have gotten a single auto update. Have checked everything
> > including to see if my firewall was blocking it. Help
> >
> > Not happy with Vista at all

> Okay - but you are going to have to share some information.
>
> You barely shared you had Windows Vista (at the very end - and not even in
> reference to "this is my problem, this is what I have, this is what I have
> tried, this is what happens..." - but as an aside. Remember - only you can
> see your computer when you are posting on these newsgroups. Those
> volunteering their free time/knowledge to help do not know you or your
> system nor can they see through your eyes nor read your mind. ;-)
>
> So - along those lines - help the people here help you...
>
> - What is the Make/Model of this computer?
> - When did you get the computer?
> - What version of Windows Vista do you have? (Does it have SP1?) ('winver'
> command)
> - What have you tried (step-by-step explanation) to do to remedy your issue?
> - What type of Internet connection do you have?
> - If you receive some error - what error is it?
> - Does your "c:\windows\windowsupdate.log" file contain any information near
> the bottom that might help (no more than the last 50 lines or so after you
> manually attemot to get updates should be copy/pasted anywhere...)?
>
> So your settings were checked using this?
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...7a8171033.mspx
>
> Have you been here:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836941
> .... and used the guided help?
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Re: Never has worked automatically
You may receive a "0x8024402C" error message when you scan for updates on
the Windows Update Web site:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=900936

You may receive an "Error 0x80072EE2," "Error 0x80072EE7," "Error
0x80072EFD," "Error 0x80072F76," or "Error 0x80072F78" error message when
you try to use the Windows Update Web site or the Microsoft Update Web site:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836941

AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

DW wrote:
> Sorry, I have a Fujitsu Lifebook that came with Windows Vista. I set up
> the
> Windows update to check everyday at 9am. The error always says can't check
> for updates. Included is 26 results for WindowsUpdate_80070490
> WindowsUpdate_dt000 such as:
> Windows Update error 8024402C
> 2. 2 Windows Update error 800f020b
> 3. 3 Troubleshoot problems with installing updates
> 4. 4 Windows Update error 80070002
> 5. 5 Windows Update error 80070003
> 6. 6 Windows Update error 80070643
> 7. 7 Windows Update error 80072efd
> 8. 8 Windows Update error 80072f8f
> 9. 9 Windows Update error 80070103
> 10. 10 Windows Update error 80072ee2
> 11. 11 Windows Update error 8024001
>
> I have checked to see if my Firewall or anti-virus might have been
> blocking
> the site and they are fine to allow Windows Update. Hope this helps a bit
>

> "Shenan Stanley" wrote:
>
>> DW wrote:
>>> Never have gotten a single auto update. Have checked everything
>>> including to see if my firewall was blocking it. Help
>>>
>>> Not happy with Vista at all

>> Okay - but you are going to have to share some information.
>>
>> You barely shared you had Windows Vista (at the very end - and not even
>> in
>> reference to "this is my problem, this is what I have, this is what I
>> have
>> tried, this is what happens..." - but as an aside. Remember - only you
>> can
>> see your computer when you are posting on these newsgroups. Those
>> volunteering their free time/knowledge to help do not know you or your
>> system nor can they see through your eyes nor read your mind. ;-)
>>
>> So - along those lines - help the people here help you...
>>
>> - What is the Make/Model of this computer?
>> - When did you get the computer?
>> - What version of Windows Vista do you have? (Does it have SP1?)
>> ('winver'
>> command)
>> - What have you tried (step-by-step explanation) to do to remedy your
>> issue?
>> - What type of Internet connection do you have?
>> - If you receive some error - what error is it?
>> - Does your "c:\windows\windowsupdate.log" file contain any information
>> near the bottom that might help (no more than the last 50 lines or so
>> after you manually attemot to get updates should be copy/pasted
>> anywhere...)?
>>
>> So your settings were checked using this?
>> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...7a8171033.mspx
>>
>> Have you been here:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836941
>> .... and used the guided help?
>>
>> --
>> Shenan Stanley
>> MS-MVP
>> --
>> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

how can i update my computer if it won't