> Never have gotten a single auto update. Have checked everything
> including to see if my firewall was blocking it. Help
> Not happy with Vista at all
Okay - but you are going to have to share some information.
You barely shared you had Windows Vista (at the very end - and not even in
reference to "this is my problem, this is what I have, this is what I have
tried, this is what happens..." - but as an aside. Remember - only you can
see your computer when you are posting on these newsgroups. Those
volunteering their free time/knowledge to help do not know you or your
system nor can they see through your eyes nor read your mind. ;-)
So - along those lines - help the people here help you...
- What is the Make/Model of this computer?
- When did you get the computer?
- What version of Windows Vista do you have? (Does it have SP1?) ('winver'
- What have you tried (step-by-step explanation) to do to remedy your issue?
- What type of Internet connection do you have?
- If you receive some error - what error is it?
- Does your "c:\windows\windowsupdate.log" file contain any information near
the bottom that might help (no more than the last 50 lines or so after you
manually attemot to get updates should be copy/pasted anywhere...)?
So your settings were checked using this?
Have you been here:
.... and used the guided help?
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way