Wind Updt Error #0x8007043c after installing SVC Pk 3

LadyMadonnah

Wind Updt Error #0x8007043c after installing SVC Pk 3
I am now using SAFE MODE as pc failed to start normal.

I had 'xp home ed' that had 'svc pk2'.

I installed svc pk3 .

Since then I had a Net framework 2.0 WU installation failed but Tech supp
gave me a file to use to remove it .[I have Net Framework 3.0, 3.5 and 1.1]

PC started to do auto reboots arbitrarily & shuts down in Normal Mode.
System Restore says it can not restore to any date attempted.

I ran Windows Malicious Software tool, AVG 8.0 Antivirus, AntiMalware,
AntiSpam, etc. all said ok..

Now I cant run Win Updt or Mic Updt as I get the above error code & message:

" The website encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
trying to view... " I checked the offered options and tried some remedies
listed that I could.
No results.

I am now running Windows Live OneCare scan for about 1.5 hrs still awaiting
results.

Any ideas?
Shenan Stanley

Re: Wind Updt Error #0x8007043c after installing SVC Pk 3
LadyMadonnah wrote:
> I am now using SAFE MODE as pc failed to start normal.
>
> I had 'xp home ed' that had 'svc pk2'.
>
> I installed svc pk3 .
>
> Since then I had a Net framework 2.0 WU installation failed but
> Tech supp gave me a file to use to remove it .[I have Net Framework
> 3.0, 3.5 and 1.1]
>
> PC started to do auto reboots arbitrarily & shuts down in Normal
> Mode. System Restore says it can not restore to any date attempted.
>
> I ran Windows Malicious Software tool, AVG 8.0 Antivirus,
> AntiMalware, AntiSpam, etc. all said ok..
>
> Now I cant run Win Updt or Mic Updt as I get the above error code &
> message:
>
> " The website encountered a problem and cannot display the page you
> are trying to view... " I checked the offered options and tried
> some remedies listed that I could.
> No results.
>
> I am now running Windows Live OneCare scan for about 1.5 hrs still
> awaiting results.
>
> Any ideas?

AMD processor? HP computer by chance?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Re: Wind Updt Error #0x8007043c after installing SVC Pk 3
Contact Tech Support again.

0x8007043C
Means: ERROR_NOT_SAFEBOOT_SERVICE.

Translation: You need a service which is not available in safe mode.
Windows Update will not run in safe mode.

=> See
http://msinfluentials.com/blogs/jesp...ng-xp-sp3.aspx
[NB: The above has been updated many times and now includes "a small tool
that will detect the IntelPPM problem and mitigate it before installing
(WinXP SP3)."]

Steps to take before you install WinXP SP3
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950717

How to troubleshoot an unsuccessful installation of WinXP SP3
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950718

e-mail support is available only in the United States and Canada.

• US:

• CA:

• UK:

• AU:

• Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...spx?gprid=1173 | select
Windows XP | select Windows XP Service Pack 3
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

LadyMadonnah wrote:
> I am now using SAFE MODE as pc failed to start normal.
>
> I had 'xp home ed' that had 'svc pk2'.
>
> I installed svc pk3 .
>
> Since then I had a Net framework 2.0 WU installation failed but Tech supp
> gave me a file to use to remove it .[I have Net Framework 3.0, 3.5 and
> 1.1]
>
> PC started to do auto reboots arbitrarily & shuts down in Normal Mode.
> System Restore says it can not restore to any date attempted.
>
> I ran Windows Malicious Software tool, AVG 8.0 Antivirus, AntiMalware,
> AntiSpam, etc. all said ok..
>
> Now I cant run Win Updt or Mic Updt as I get the above error code &
> message:
>
> " The website encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
> trying to view... " I checked the offered options and tried some
> remedies
> listed that I could.
> No results.
>
> I am now running Windows Live OneCare scan for about 1.5 hrs still
> awaiting
> results.
>
> Any ideas?

LadyMadonnah

Re: Wind Updt Error #0x8007043c after installing SVC Pk 3
Hi ~
I checked the Sys Info and the prop page says :

It is a HP a705w
It has a 'intel celeron' processor 2.93ghz
XP Home 2002 version with Svc Pk 3
Thanks for your help~!
Ave[aka LadyMadonnah]

"Shenan Stanley" wrote:

> LadyMadonnah wrote:
> > I am now using SAFE MODE as pc failed to start normal.

> > I am now running Windows Live OneCare scan for about 1.5 hrs still
> > awaiting results.
> >
> > Any ideas?

> AMD processor? HP computer by chance?

HP a705w I believe it is a 'celeron' processor.
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

LadyMadonnah

Re: Wind Updt Error #0x8007043c after installing SVC Pk 3
Thankyou VERY Much. I am copying what you both said down and will restart or
try to restart in Normal mode.
I will let you know how this turns out or not.
Ave [ aka Ladymadonnah]