Windows Update Error 80190194

Stonecold316

Windows Update Error 80190194
I keep getting a windows update error 80190194 on windows 2000 and now 2k3.
This occurs even after and upgrade to windows 2003

Re: Windows Update Error 80190194
Assuming WSUS, see
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...f08ce3d8462978
and/or
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...6bd70b53e6e315
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Stonecold316 wrote:
> I keep getting a windows update error 80190194 on windows 2000 and now
> 2k3.
> This occurs even after and upgrade to windows 2003

Stonecold316

Re: Windows Update Error 80190194
not using wsus

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Assuming WSUS, see
> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...f08ce3d8462978
> and/or
> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...6bd70b53e6e315
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Stonecold316 wrote:
> > I keep getting a windows update error 80190194 on windows 2000 and now
> > 2k3.
> > This occurs even after and upgrade to windows 2003

Re: Windows Update Error 80190194
Error 0x80190194 translates to HTTP Error 404 "Not Found"

Typically related to internet connectivity.

See the reply by Lucy [MSFT] in this archived thread for some
troubleshooting tips:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...61aa7666480255

(Miss ya, Lucy!)

Tip: Temporarily disable real-time protection by your anti-virus and/or
anti-spyware applications (e.g., CounterSpy, Spysweeper, Spybot, AVG
Anti-Spyware) and/or any third-party firewall (e.g., ZA) before attempting
to install the update(s). If you disable a third-party firewall, do NOT
connect to the internet without having the Windows Firewall enabled!

Otherwise...

Support for Windows Update:

security updates.

your usual support contacts.
--
~PA Bear

Stonecold316 wrote:
> not using wsus
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Assuming WSUS, see
>> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...f08ce3d8462978
>> and/or
>> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...6bd70b53e6e315
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> Stonecold316 wrote:
>>> I keep getting a windows update error 80190194 on windows 2000 and now
>>> 2k3.
>>> This occurs even after and upgrade to windows 2003

Stonecold316

Re: Windows Update Error 80190194
Tried all settinga and defaults did not work still get same error. Can browse
other websites fine.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Error 0x80190194 translates to HTTP Error 404 "Not Found"
>
> Typically related to internet connectivity.
>
> See the reply by Lucy [MSFT] in this archived thread for some
> troubleshooting tips:
> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...61aa7666480255
>
> (Miss ya, Lucy!)
>
> Tip: Temporarily disable real-time protection by your anti-virus and/or
> anti-spyware applications (e.g., CounterSpy, Spysweeper, Spybot, AVG
> Anti-Spyware) and/or any third-party firewall (e.g., ZA) before attempting
> to install the update(s). If you disable a third-party firewall, do NOT
> connect to the internet without having the Windows Firewall enabled!
>
> Otherwise...

> Support for Windows Update:

> security updates.

> your usual support contacts.