Black Screen after SP3 insatall,,WindowsXP

Bill

Black Screen after SP3 insatall,,WindowsXP
I d/l'ed and installed the SP3 and when the system restarted all I get is a
black sreen with the windows XP logo and ,,,"pleas wait",,the mouse is like
the hourglass that you see when your waiting for something to load,,sorry if
I'm not explaining it better but I'm not good with comuters,,is there anyone
else that had this problem,,can someone explain how I could possibly boot up
in safe mod,,and is there then a way to uninstall the SP3,,an help would be
greatly appreciated.
Engel

RE: Black Screen after SP3 insatall,,WindowsXP
Hello Bill,

How to start Windows in Safe Mode

When you start your computer you see the logo and then you see Windows
starting.

To enter safe mode, you want to keep pressing/releasing the F8 key on your
keyboard a little while after you see the logo.

If you see the Windows XP screen, it's too late.

If you do it right, you should see a screen with with a line that says
something about safe mode.

There's also a line where you can enter safe mode with networking
(if you need to connect to the Internet).

How to start Windows in Safe Mode
<http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial61.html>

How to remove Windows XP SP3 from your computer
<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950249>

Good luck
- -- ---

"Bill" wrote:

> I d/l'ed and installed the SP3 and when the system restarted all I get is a
> black sreen with the windows XP logo and ,,,"pleas wait",,the mouse is like
> the hourglass that you see when your waiting for something to load,,sorry if
> I'm not explaining it better but I'm not good with comuters,,is there anyone
> else that had this problem,,can someone explain how I could possibly boot up
> in safe mod,,and is there then a way to uninstall the SP3,,an help would be
> greatly appreciated.

Re: Black Screen after SP3 insatall,,WindowsXP
e-mail support is available only in the United States and Canada.

• US:

• CA:

• UK:

• AU:

• Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...spx?gprid=1173 | select
Windows XP | select Windows XP Service Pack 3

WinXP-specific newsgroup: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general

How to remove Windows XP Service Pack 3 from your computer:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950249

Steps to take before you install WinXP SP3
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950717
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/